PDA

View Full Version : Laptop with USB Network adaptor

jkerry211
03-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Ran into a small problem today with one of our shoots. The person only had a laptop which we put the NDI app on it to use the NDI. I noticed a delay in the network with his video inserts he was using.

Should I have him use a laptop with the built in network adaptor built in. He said his failed and did not want to replace the motherboard to fix the built in adaptor and purchase this USB plugin adaptor.

Tks,

Zane Condren
03-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Which NDI app did you install? Did you happen to catch the make and model number of the USB Network adapter? My guess is that it was only a 10/100 network adapter and it was bring the network speed down to 10/100 instead of gigabit.

PIZAZZ
03-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Which NDI app did you install? Did you happen to catch the make and model number of the USB Network adapter? My guess is that it was only a 10/100 network adapter and it was bring the network speed down to 10/100 instead of gigabit.

I agree with Zane. We use USB3.0 network adapters all the time with no issues but we also make sure they are connecting at gigabit speed. You can look in the windows network properties and see what speed is being used.

jkerry211
03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Thanks to both for the info. Will check on it this weekend when I see him again.