PDA

View Full Version : NDI Transmit no video but desktop app ok

bctfhelpdesk
02-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Hello everyone,
I am a new Tricaster user, and recently trying to setup a Mini with AE. I'm trying to use NDI Transmit to send the Tricaster signal to a laptop that will use it as a webcam feed. I have the demo version so far to test things out.

My issues seem to be that I can see other network device as a video source when I switch to them, desktop, Adobe Apps etc no problem (with the water mark), but if I choose any of the OUT signal from the TC, I only see the tricaster filler image, and not the actual video feed. The web app is picking up the NDI Video as a webcam source, and will display other PC devices on the network, but just not the video out feed itself. I've tried with GoTo, Skype and a Chrome based webinar platform called WebinarJam. All same result.

I wanted to know if this is just the demo version, that I can't see the actual video feed until I have a proper license key?

Thanks
Margret Li
BCTF.ca

SBowie
02-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Does NDI Monitor, installed on the same system, display the output from TriCaster?

bctfhelpdesk
02-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Does NDI Monitor, installed on the same system, display the output from TriCaster?

Thank you Steve for the quick reply,
Good point, no, it doesn't... Says connecting when selecting one of the OUTs but selecting a desktop or application works.

So it would indicate the issues are either with my Tricaster setting (most likely, I'm brand new to this) or our network not allowing the traffic through? Is there a list of network ports and settings we need to worry about? I will get properly trained for the Tricaster, but I just wanted to see if I can get this one bit figured out today.

Thanks

bctfhelpdesk
02-28-2017, 01:03 PM
I have picture! We disabled the windows Firewall on the domain level on the Tricaster, and now the it is showing up as a webcam source, all NDI video monitors are working too. Off I go to get the license!