PDA

View Full Version : uncompressed

mkff
02-28-2017, 07:30 AM
Hi,

iam new to ndi and just wondering if it is possible to transmit (multiple) stream(s) as uncompressed rgb(a) bypassing internal codec?

best,

ingolf

SBowie
02-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Someone else may respond in more detail, but I'm quite certain that this is not supported (it would not take very much uncompressed HD video to completely overwhelm a typical network).

mkff
02-28-2017, 09:05 AM
@SBowie: thanks for you reply and you are right for "typical network" infrastructure but when it comes to production one would set-up own infrastructure anyways and this would be at least 10ge nowadays. so from my perspective i see no reason why an uncompressed transmission should be prevented by sdk. if one has the bandwith to do so..

so what iam trying to achieve is to send multiple layers of DXGI Textures as there used in game-engines. some of them contains floating point data which you cant compress as it would destroy the data.
but also for "normal" video stream an uncompressed option would be needful as from my experience when it comes to show content on led you cant go with any compression...

best,

ingolf

SBowie
02-28-2017, 09:17 AM
I understand, but I don't think this is encompassed within the current design of NDI. (Just to mention it, the shortest route to an official response would be to use the contact email address in the NDI SDK.)

mkff
02-28-2017, 09:21 AM
a good to know - will try the contact - thanks!