PDA

View Full Version : New found Joy in the world of Zooming

Jim_C
12-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Probably covered in the man-u-al.
But
I just discovered that along with scrolling the timeline left and right, that little bar below the timeline will also zoom in and out when you click and drag the edges of it.

That's awesome. As good as I've gotten with the right click on top bar spin like he!! with the track ball to zoom, this is new found happiness.

Just right behind discovering the left click on the upside down triangle in the top right of Ted.

Oh Joy!! :D

Jim Capillo
12-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Yeah, that is pretty cool :cool:

bradl
12-20-2003, 12:46 AM
Yea, I been using that lately too and thinking it is pretty cool, and very useful in the Control Tree also. Wonder when it was added?

Jim Capillo
12-20-2003, 12:48 AM
three or four builds ago, I think...... :confused:

bradl
12-20-2003, 01:03 AM
Another Zoom feature I often forget about is the Shift (I think it's shift?) modifier when Right-Click Zoom/Panning. It slows and smooths the motion.

Also I discovered in the TScript documents a command that would "Zoom/Fit Selected" which is not used anywhere I can see in the current software. I mapped it to Shift-Enter and use it all the time. To clarify, view your timeline (Zoom out or hit \), drag select a group of clips, hit Shift-Enter and they are Zoomed up to fill the Timeline display. Very handy. I don't have the code with me now, but could post it later if you need it or can't find it in the docs.

Scott Bates
12-20-2003, 05:22 AM
Try selecting what you want then double-click on the time code bar Brad, bingo, the magic zoom of which you speak. :)

ps - if you use a 4-button mouse, program the thumb button to double-click and it's even faster than shift-enter keyboard combos.

Jim Capillo
12-20-2003, 07:04 AM
Ahhhh... more hidden gems :cool:

Thanks guys !

bradl
12-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by sbates
Try selecting what you want then double-click on the time code bar Brad, bingo, the magic zoom of which you speak. :)

I knew that function was too good not to be used somewhere!

I sometimes double-click the timebar and it zooms to my clip but I never noticed it would work with multi-select. Of course, regular zoom to fit only works on one clip regardless of how many you have selected.