PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to AE, can no longer stream to YouTube. Help!

johnathanmcfarl
02-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone,
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, and getting help from Newtek has been a nightmare.

I upgraded to advanced edition a couple months ago because we wanted to be able to stream to facebook and youtube. Up to this point we had only streamed on youtube. It was pretty simple. I put in the RMTP settings for the youtube stream, hit stream, and basically that was it.

Now that I've upgraded I AM successfully able to stream to Facebook, but can no longer stream to youtube. The interface is completely different, which is fine, but there is no place I can see to put in any of the settings from youtube. With facebook that doesn't seem to matter, I just check facebook and the stream works. With youtube, I get nothing.

I have tried to find a basic streaming tutorial but with no luck. I've emailed back and forth with Newtek for well over a week now, and they have been useless. I've tried calling in and am now waiting for a call back.

This must be something super simple but I'm at a bit of a loss and not sure what else to do. We have a show on Wednesday. :( Help!

-Johnathan

kanep
02-27-2017, 11:41 AM
If you want to stream to YouTube using manually entered RTMP URLs you need to setup a custom option. With the YouTube connection in AE, you load into your YouTube account, will show you the channels that you have created and give you the option to stream to them, all of the RTMP and stream ID information is handled in the background.

johnathanmcfarl
02-27-2017, 12:06 PM
If you want to stream to YouTube using manually entered RTMP URLs you need to setup a custom option. With the YouTube connection in AE, you load into your YouTube account, will show you the channels that you have created and give you the option to stream to them, all of the RTMP and stream ID information is handled in the background.

I've done that- no luck. I set up the event on Youtube, selected it in the Youtube streaming option, and then hit stream. Youtube never picks up the stream.

SBowie
02-27-2017, 01:05 PM
I have streamed (fairly recently) to YouTube from an Mini running AE using both events and YouTube Now without issue. I used a Custom connection, because the built-in YouTube support didn't work with Stream Now ... but in an impending release Stream Now is directly supported (it shows up as a select-able item in the Event drop-down menu.

edmellnik
02-28-2017, 04:01 PM
In getting ready for some big events in May I have been practicing on Youtube since I usually use Ustream.
I have found it very persnickity. The Stream Now function is problematic. I have found best results
by creating your event using the "Basic" ingest settings. Setting at the 480P which looks pretty good. 720P does not work for me or takes for ever to get ready. Could be my connection at home.
After choosing the event in the YOuTube Tricaster stream menu, then hit stream and then in the YouTube interface you have to hit Preview and wait for the Stream button to become actiave- then hit that. THen wait about 10sec for it to show up.

The other way is of course using the Legacy choice and manually put in the RTMP info. I think you still have to
be able to hit the Stream button on Youtube after it sees the stream. Just hitting the Tricaster Stream button will not get you there.
I am on AE version 1. Dont know if you are on 1 or 2?
Ed

IUPtech
03-07-2017, 12:10 PM
I use a Teradek Vidiu to stream to YouTube. Once you have a YouTube channel established, using a laptop or computer, enter the Vidiu's IP address into a web browser. Navigate to the "broadcast" section. From here you will add your YouTube account and authenticate your Vidiu. Once this is done it so easy to set up your stream. Selecting Youtube in the broadcast section dropdown, allows you to create a new event. Once it is created, it will automatically add it to your YouTube channel. From the Vidiu's home screen you can then "go live". It's simple and foolproof...no more going to YouTube to create an event and then back to your Tricaster to enter the RMTP data. The only other thing you will need to do is go to "Live Control Room" in your YouTube channel and specify your streaming bandwidth. I always go there anyhow to monitor the health of my stream.