PDA

View Full Version : Animated Texture Question???

wingzeta
02-26-2017, 03:18 PM
Looking for a good approach to creating an animated texture. I want to have a pulse of a different color radiate out along a bunch of nerve strands to the nerve ends. I recall seeing a tutorial a long time ago on doing something similar, but it's been so long, I don't remember the technique, and haven't yet located the tutorial. So, what's a good approach? It there a way to animate one texture, so it will work for multiple strands running out in different directions, or should I make a surface for each point of the compass? Would it be best to use a vector input to a gradient, or control it with a null, or some other trick? I have a few ideas, but if someone who knows better can save me half a day of trial and error, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, for any advice, or links to tutorials:D

jwiede
02-26-2017, 05:12 PM
If you want to use the same texture for all, you'll just need to align their UV's so that each neuron's body and tip are at the same UV coordinates. Then a single animated gradient texture could be used to make color run along the neurons. You could even just use an UV-mapped, animated LW gradient to do it, you don't necessarily have to make an animated texture.

Hope that helps!

wingzeta
02-26-2017, 11:34 PM
That does help. I haven't unwrapped them yet, so I guess that will be my next step.

Thanks!