PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop: Six Tips in 60 Seconds vol.1

WilliamVaughan
02-23-2017, 06:37 AM
Not LightWave but....

Photoshop: Six Tips in 60 Seconds vol.1
This quick video shares six tips for working with Photoshop Layers.
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/578d58896a4963f9cdb6be6d/57903152bebafb39ee18a481/58ae12f9e4fcb5193db94d46/1487856150848/6n60_Splash_004.png?format=500w
http://www.pixelfondue.com/blog/2017/2/22/photoshop-six-tips-in-60-seconds-vol1

erikals
02-23-2017, 12:20 PM
PhotoShop tuts are always welcome! :)

Farhad_azer
02-23-2017, 12:24 PM
Awesome, i loved it. Thanks a lot William.

Will this have vol 2, 3, 4, etc?

WilliamVaughan
02-23-2017, 12:41 PM
The plan is to continue making them like I have with my MODO 6 in 60 series. I want to extend the format to other apps as well.

prometheus
02-28-2017, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the tips and sharing William.

I need to fire up photoshop now and then just so I do not forget how to work with it :) , However...currently I am working with some photos of products, and I do the cut outs & retouch of them, but it will not be a massive work task and when itīs done it will not occour often, so
therefore we do have to be aware of the cost of software, and I suggested for the company that we simply do it in krita for no cost but time, so I have been doing all that stuff with krita now.

I like the vector layers in krita where I can use the bezier curve and draw paths, a bit similar to paths in photoshop..though a bit different, but path curves shapes can be adjusted with node points and fully editable in similar ways, I simply do a convert vector shapes to selection and then do the cut outs with a slight feather, not sure if itīs just me getting used to the vector layers/paths and adjusting them..or if they simply are better than photoshops way of using paths.

Using paths in either photoshop or krita is what I usally do for cutouts, I do not trust the magic wands or similar..nor do I use the direct polygon lasso tools, with paths I can always adjust the curve countours after I created them to line up with a perfect fit with the image/ product contours.

Krita howewer ..doesnīt seem to have the function of copying layer styles, at least not from what I can see now...krita is also a bit slower than photoshop to deal with layers, images and selections...but for that cost and for the little work we have to do it is quite enough.

WilliamVaughan
02-28-2017, 11:14 AM
Will have to give Krita a look.

prometheus
02-28-2017, 11:47 AM
Will have to give Krita a look.

I need to put up some simple fast showcase too..If I can find the time this weekend, especially in mind with cut outs, and the mirror/ symmetry painting or kaleidoscope painting, especially since that may be useful when painting textures in a way that photoshop really couldnīt handle within the cs3 series anyway..which is what I currently have on the photoshop side.

krita may be slow with large images..so be aware of that..but itīs promising, and the paint preset brushes is nice..also using the path curve tools with special brushes to draw tattoo patterns etc.
the fine pencil brushes can be nice with sketch brush settings, so you get an instant pencil multisketch brush stroke..it also has a particle paint option.

In order to edit the path created in a vector layer, you need to select it, and only then the editing tool will become available in the icon toolbox, and only then will the path show the points in the path.. that may be a little hard to find.
I was about to post a screenshot, but I found that I had a different version than the one at work, and swedish too...so I will have to change that back to english and check the versions first.
So another day.

Cheers.