PDA

View Full Version : Modeler freezes from time to time? Anyone has these issues?

akademus
02-23-2017, 04:43 AM
I have an issue where modeler just halts for a moment while modeling. The bigger the model is the longer the pauses are. I'm working on a character that is about 9K polygons heavy, machine is mighty good with 980 card and all the opengl stuff is kept to normal settings.

Has anyone had issue like this?

Thanks!

Danner
02-23-2017, 06:38 AM
Yes, this happens when your object is large, you have auto save on, and your content directory is not on a local SSD disc.

I still recommend having auto save on, even with this annoyance, what you can do is to make the saving period longer so you get less pauses.

bobakabob
02-25-2017, 02:48 AM
Is transparency switched off? Might be worth checking out video card drivers.

Sensei
02-25-2017, 05:35 AM
Danner, very good description.

BTW,
the worstest freeze you can have, is while loading object or scene, which has path to resource such as image, object, etc. in format \\192.168.x.y\ and that computer no longer is connected to local network, or path does not anymore exist (renamed shared directory). It's 30 seconds or so freeze, for every such resource..
So 10 images with such URI, and 300 seconds waiting for loading .lwo...
(at least it used to be, the last time, couple years ago, when I had such scene on disk, and changed network configuration)
http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=136093&d=1488026713

akademus
03-01-2017, 06:55 AM
Yes, this happens when your object is large, you have auto save on, and your content directory is not on a local SSD disc.

I still recommend having auto save on, even with this annoyance, what you can do is to make the saving period longer so you get less pauses.

It was autosave, set to 1 min, as I apparently got paranoid at some point in time about loosing my work.

Thanks!