PDA

View Full Version : MDD craziness

magiclight
02-19-2017, 03:36 PM
I must be doing something very silly, can't get the mdd loader to work.

1: I have an OBJ file that I load into Layout, move it around and make some keyframes, export as an MDD, clear scene, load OBJ and add MD reader and load .mdd file and all is fine, the animation is there.

2: I load OBJ into Chronosculpt, do some changes along the timeline and save out an .mdd file, load OBJ into Layout and add md reader and the new .mdd file from Chronosculpt and all is a mess (wrong point order I guess).

So the big question is why does it work when I save mdd fom Layout and not when I save it from Chronosculpt (I tried a mdd file saved from another application and that does not work either).

Another strange thing is that with "point order" selected it looks like a mess but the "mess" change when I scrub the timeline so it animates., but if I change to "Coordinates" the mesh looks ok but it does not animate at all, the mesh is fixed.

In the Layout options under the OBJ tabe there is a "merge points" options, but I tried both and and off and it makes no difference.

Ztreem
02-19-2017, 04:25 PM
Try to save both obj and mdd from chronosculpt.

magiclight
02-20-2017, 02:10 AM
I will try that, but it looks like the obj and mdd are correct.

I tried to load an obj and mdd file that should work fine into Chronosculpt and it works just fine there, but it does not work to load into Layout, just a terrible mess.

Edit: Found the problem, in the OBJ settings the "One Layer" option must be set for it to work even if there is only one layer in the OBJ file, so now it works just fine again.