PDA

View Full Version : Out os Sync Videos

jkerry211
02-14-2017, 07:20 PM
Here is my problem which we have had before. Running TC460 AE2 with the latest updates.
When using the NDI for a PowerPoint Slide Show. I set the NDI Tool, I click on it and use PPT and uncheck the High Frame Rate (this solved the earlier problem) and also click on the Desktop.

I way our Network is set up is as follows:

Internet via Cable Wireless Modem, the modem connected to the Netgear Router, TC Connected to the NG Router and the Laptop connected to the router. (No other computers, or devices are connected to the network)

4 Cameras set up wired to TC.

When I set up TC I use the No. 5 Input and click on the NDI Laptop which allows me to see the PPT.

We are not broadcasting or sending out any signals, just recording to the 2 internal hard drives D and E.

While recording, everything is fine and in sync, but once I switch to the PPT and then back to the cameras then the recordings gets out of sync.

So I was wanting to know if it may be a good idea to get a new router and if so, what brand would be good to use.

Thanks
Jeff

kanep
02-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Are you looking for a router or a switch?

Just about anything should work, but something I would look for is a switch with a full speed backplane. This allows all ports on the switch to talk to each other at full speed, basically the switching capacity should be double the number of Ethernet ports it has. While this isn't an official recommendation, the switch I'm using for all of my equipment is a TP-Link Easy Smart Switch (which has a switching capacity of 32Gbps). While this switch does allow you to go in a configure a few things, I'm using just how it came out of the box.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-41_TL-SG1016DE.html

jkerry211
02-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Kane,

Looked at that one and there is a Easy_Smart_Configuration_Utility program that comes with the switcher. Can this be put on the TriCaster? Or do I just attach it to the net cables I already have.

kanep
02-14-2017, 09:03 PM
You don't need the utility, you can log into the switch using a web browser, in my case I never changed any settings from what the defaults were.

jkerry211
02-14-2017, 09:05 PM
OK, thanks for the advise. These are not high cost and will try it out.

Jeff

kanep
02-15-2017, 07:25 AM
I hope it helps, I'm not sure if the switch is the cause of your issue or not.

Lee-AVP
02-15-2017, 07:45 AM
We use NDI a lot and have not noticed this. Just to be clear - the entire recording stays out of sync? Does it get worse each time you switch to Powerpoint?

SBowie
02-15-2017, 07:48 AM
While recording, everything is fine and in sync, but once I switch to the PPT and then back to the cameras then the recordings gets out of sync.A short recorded video showing the problem and attached to a Fogbugz case would be interesting, if this doesn't clear up. A log file from the same session would be good, too.

jkerry211
02-15-2017, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=Lee-AVP;1498439]We use NDI a lot and have not noticed this. Just to be clear - the entire recording stays out of sync? Does it get worse each time you switch to PPT stays out of sync only when we switch to the PPT. If I record a long run of just the cameras and not switch it stays in sync.

jkerry211
02-15-2017, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=Lee-AVP;1498439]We use NDI a lot and have not noticed this. Just to be clear - the entire recording stays out of sync? Does it get worse each time you switch to PPT stays out of sync only when we switch to the PPT. If I record a long run of just the cameras and not switch it stays in sync.

The only time it gets out of sync is when I switch to the PPT. If I do not switch it seems to stay in sync.

Did notice today, the PPT coming in slower then when it shows up on the laptop. Example the slide comes in with the text and a second or two it shows up on TC.

SBowie
02-16-2017, 07:07 AM
What resolution is the source?

jkerry211
02-16-2017, 09:53 AM
In the PPT it is set to 16:9 and I am recording at 1080i.

SBowie
02-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Helpful, but not my question. What resolution is the source - the PowerPoint screen?

jkerry211
02-16-2017, 10:21 AM
Steve,

Here is the sample. https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2tmilwxep1fjta/sample.rar?dl=0

JEff

Red Dog Records
02-17-2017, 07:21 PM
We once had an issue where the PPT computer's signal got so slow that the video seemed to be running at 10 fps. Animated bullet points just seemed to appear instead of fading in or sliding on to the screen. It worked perfectly the day before. Unfortunately, we had left the presenter's laptop on all night and by the next morning there were network issues.
We rebooted the laptop and everything was fine.

It could be that other things are bogging down your laptop and causing issues. I know that some cloud backup programs and some antivirus programs take up tremendous resources when they are active. Our problem happened with a fast laptop (i7, 16GB memory) and it was back with iVGA. NDI might be immune to these types of issues, but a slow laptop won't help matters.
It just might be worth a look to see how your laptop's performance is (CPU, Memory, disk, Network, etc) when you try this.

Andrew