PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer not mapping correctly

hypersuperduper
02-13-2017, 03:35 AM
I am trying to use motion mixer to save motions from and actor in one scene onto an actor in another scene.

I have deliberately renamed one of the objects in the source actor in order to force the map motion interface to appear when I load the .HMOT file.

After insuring that the the motions are being mapped correctly in the map motion interface, I load the motion. However, when I add the motion in the motion mixer timeline is is mapped all wrong.

The source and destination actors are identical, Except that the source actor only contains a subset of the items that the the destination actor has.

Does any one have an idea how to fix this?

Update:
I tried adding the missing items to the source actor, but it still was wrong. In fact not only was it wrong, but it looks like some of the rotation curves are actually inverted, while also being on the wrong items. very strange.

I solved my issue using the motion save/load function in RebelHill's excellent animation toolbox instead, but If anyone has any tips on getting motion mixer's save/load motion working as advertised I would appreciate the input.