PDA

View Full Version : End User Operation Manual

VideoGuy2017
02-12-2017, 05:23 PM
I just installed a new VS100 in our production environment. I'll need to train the various operators on how to use the system. Is there any "operator manual" available that is different from the install manual? I know it's pretty basic for me but a lot of our operators are Production Assistants fresh out of college.

Thank you.

SBowie
02-12-2017, 06:52 PM
You might want to hold off just about. Due to impending changes to the entire SkypeTX platform, massive updates to the VS100 user interface are just around the corner. Afterward, the VS100 will be very similar to that experienced using VS4000.

VideoGuy2017
02-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Hi Steve,

I just found the user guide on the VS100 box under C:\TalkShow\Documentation. I was looking for it on your website.

So you suggest I hold of till the new platform is available? Do you know when this will roll out? We aren't using the VS100 as of yet, I'd like to implement the system within the next mouth or so. Please advise.

Thank you.

kanep
02-12-2017, 10:55 PM
They are calling for beta testers now. If you need to be using the system, don't let the new version stop you from using it. However, perhaps hold off on training everyone and only the people that must know until the new version is released. You can train people on the Skype TX Control software, that software will work and look the same between the versions. What will change will be the local user interface on the TalkShow system itself.

VideoGuy2017
04-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Hi Kane,

I just submitted another post in the "TalkShow Community" thread. Sorry, I forgot I started one here. Do you have a timeline when the new OS will roll out? All the users will be using the TalkShow system interface itself, and not the Skype TX Control software. Our TOC department usually makes the calls and well as faxes out the incoming feed before it goes to Production for use. Thank you.

kanep
04-09-2017, 12:09 AM
The new software is out. It isn't a OS update, but updated TalkShow software.

http://new.tk/dl

VideoGuy2017
04-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Hi Kane,

Thank you for the information. I just updated our system.

Quick question, is there a way to use a custom (.jpg or other format) picture for the "When not in call"? In the last VS-100 version, I was able to rename a picture and use that. But this version is different. Thank you.

VideoGuy2017
04-29-2017, 01:03 PM
Hi Kane,

Also, is there a way that the Skype TX with automatically pickup an incoming call? I do not see this setting. Thank you.

kanep
04-29-2017, 02:24 PM
I'm not aware of a way to put in a custom picture for the not in call image with the new version.

Auto answer is a feature that has gone away. I think the reason is that with auto answer in the previous version you used a separate Skype login for each system under the local user interface. With Skype TX Control you use a single Skype login for up to 14 channels. Auto answer would not make it possible to choose which channel would answer the call.

Both of these features where removed from the Microsoft/Skype TX side of the software, Microsoft would need to be the one to add it back in.

VideoGuy2017
04-30-2017, 07:13 PM
Hi Kane, Thank you for the update. Do you/NewTek have a contact at Microsoft whom I could contact? We use the auto answer feature as we sometimes have our talent use it as a Program Return. So when they're in the field and we don't have return capabilities, they will use their iPad just for that purpose. An operator doesn't need to be available to answer the call. This makes it one step easier for our Producer/Director. Thank you.