PDA

View Full Version : Happen to have an A>>Z alphabet object, sep. layers and parented?/ tools forwhich?

jeric_synergy
02-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Sheer laziness :devil: on my part, but a possible thread for tools to make this easy:

Does anybody happen to have an entire English alphabet with each letter on a separate layer, and the whole thing parented from the front to back (A>B>C>etc)?

Links to scripts that make such a task easier (for arbitrary phrases) would be appreciated also.

This is related to the Positional IK thread.

ernpchan
02-12-2017, 11:08 AM
On my site is a script to parent chain based on selection.

As for the alphabet part, you could make your alphabet and aren't there scripts that move geo islands to there own layer? I recall threads talking about that.

jeric_synergy
02-12-2017, 11:20 AM
I'm #aflw at the moment, but there might even be a script to do this directly from a text dialog.

Just kind of blue-skying here: for the purpose I envision (dimly), ideally each letter would be X-centered at 0.

Here's the idea (someone might beat me back to LW): use Positional IK to stretch a chained stack of letters out to a 'proper' width, and use IK/FK blending to perform kerning.

++
I imagine some of the "connected to layers" scripts would help, but I don't know any that do that AND parent everything.

jeric_synergy
02-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Back to my main machine.... I've got a TEXT LAYERS function that separates out each letter OR word by Layer, AND bevels, AND has an option for setting the origin at the center OR the lower left hand corner.

Awesome! Everything right there. SEEMS to be a native routine/script/p.i.
++

SADLY, it's buggy. :(

jeric_synergy
02-12-2017, 06:36 PM
OK, here's a kerning example, along with a Positional IK sample.

In this Scene, there are some envelopes to animate the kerning (but you don't HAVE to animate it) via the FK/IK blending value, and some positional IK that stretches the word out, controlled by the Goal null.

Enjoy. Think of something creative to do with this.

Pour quoi? So, you can re-KERN without going back into Modeler, if you setup the mesh correctly.