PDA

View Full Version : S-Video cable from Song HDV Handycam to Tricaster 300

AndyCA
02-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Hello to the Forum community!

I am an Assisting Pastor at our church who has recently assumed streaming video broadcasts using the church's Tricaster 300. My problem is related to the cable from one of our camera's, a Sony HDV Handycam, using the S-video output to our Tricaster. The cable appears to have been a home crafted effort that has gone open. This cable has a S-Video connector at the camera and splits out to 2 BNC connectors for the Tricaster. My attempts at soldering repairs have not been successful; they only confirmed my woefully unskilled ability at soldering.

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a professionally made cable (s) ?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Andy

kanep
02-11-2017, 01:56 PM
I think are talking about a 4-pin S-Video to Y/C (BNC) cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Comprehensive-Cable-S4P-YC-6HR-Shielded-S-Video/dp/B0010BRMH2/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486846230&sr=8-2-fkmr2&keywords=s-video+to+y%2Fc+bnc

AndyCA
02-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Yes, that sounds like it and looks like it! Thanks so much; you have helped resolve a big problem for me/us!

JPulera
02-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Hi Andy,

Most Sony HDV camcorders ought to have Component output for HD - it will use a small custom connection to camera, with 3 RCA plugs on the other end (red, green, blue) and that would give you 1080i HD into TriCaster, a MUCH higher quality than the SD. The cable should have come with the camera, but they do get lost. Should be available online. Or maybe you are happy with SD.

Thanks

Jeff