PDA

View Full Version : Worlds First Shipping NDI Camera Converter

PIZAZZ
02-10-2017, 01:40 PM
We grew tired of waiting on someone else to build what we needed. We decided it was time to go back into the cave and engage the creative side a little.

We needed a HD-SDI to NDI converter to mount on camera setups that was full of the features most camera operators expect and ask for. We designed the NDI-Viewfinder to be a complete solution.
Video to NDI Conversion - Yes
Tally (PGM and PVW) - Yes
Communications - Yes

NDI-Viewfinder is a single channel HD-SDI to NDI converter with a built in 12in. LCD touchscreen display of the camera input.
Mount this unit on your camera in a studio setup and it becomes your video to NDI converter along with a viewfinder/monitor of what you are shooting. Plug in your communications headset and you have a complete full featured camera solution. Tally displayed on the monitor when you are live or in preview when used in conjunction with a NewTek TriCaster or IP series product.

Key Features:
View your video feed on the built in 12 inch LCD monitor.
Secondary NDI monitor overlay from the switcher PGM return.
Comms over IP capability included:
Comms Options include VCOM, Unity, or Dante integration
Headset can be a 4pin or 5pin depending on application
Tally onscreen when Live with a TriCaster
Locking EtherCon network connection
Locking 4Pin 12volt DC power connection
USB connector for charging your smart phone and additional control options
100x100 VESA mounting holes on back to attach the unit to a variety of mounting solutions
Networking and Setup is all performed with the built in touchscreen user interface
Built in 4+ hour battery
Dimensions : 8.5" x 13"x 1.75"

NDI Viewfinder is SHIPPING NOW - $4995

Feel free to reach out directly with any further questions to http://www.pizazz.com/ndi-solutions/

ZachSchuster
02-10-2017, 02:32 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2953173/snl-head-explosion-o.gif

Nice work! It would be helpful to see some of the features like the on screen display, program overlay, and mounting options. Would love to try one of these out at some point!

PIZAZZ
02-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Nice work! It would be helpful to see some of the features like the on screen display, program overlay, and mounting options. Would love to try one of these out at some point!

Thanks Zach.
More details coming soon. I will have a small stand in the NewTek NDI central booth area. Come on by and put your hands all over it at NAB.

shrox
02-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Cool, hardware guys!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4515496/monty-python-ladies-clapping-o.gif

joseburgos
02-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Looks great and I like the features.
Is there NDI Return video?

PIZAZZ
02-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Why of course Jose

joseburgos
02-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Nice :)

macjundi
02-10-2017, 08:40 PM
WOW!!! this is dope!! I will meet you at NAB! :) been waiting for something like this!!
One more feature that I think will really hit the ball out of the ball park... CCU... I know this won't be easy with all kinds of different camera / protocol/ connector possibilities.... but boy... imagine the money you can save...
Ideally you can use it 2 ways...
1. by the camera person (on the monitor) adjust on the fly during setup / production...
2. pass it on down the IP... to a remote station and or a Beefed up version of Tricaster's software ProcAmp (instead of manipulating the video, it actually adjusts the electronics in the camera like a real CCU remote)
This I think will break the door wide open for NDI adoption...

Djundi Karjadi
PT Interindo MultiMedia
Newtek Distributor for Indonesia
Technical Director - Java Jazz Festival

shrox
02-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Do you build them yourself? Just wondering how much can be assembled from off the shelf. Looks like a nice little unit.

PIZAZZ
02-12-2017, 10:01 PM
WOW!!! this is dope!! I will meet you at NAB! :) been waiting for something like this!!
One more feature that I think will really hit the ball out of the ball park... CCU... I know this won't be easy with all kinds of different camera / protocol/ connector possibilities.... but boy... imagine the money you can save...
Ideally you can use it 2 ways...
1. by the camera person (on the monitor) adjust on the fly during setup / production...
2. pass it on down the IP... to a remote station and or a Beefed up version of Tricaster's software ProcAmp (instead of manipulating the video, it actually adjusts the electronics in the camera like a real CCU remote)
This I think will break the door wide open for NDI adoption...

Djundi Karjadi
PT Interindo MultiMedia
Newtek Distributor for Indonesia
Technical Director - Java Jazz Festival

Thanks for the comments Djundi, lite CCU integration and paint control pass through is definitely something on my road map. Currently I have a couple options for you that we can discuss at NAB. There are very few options out there that can do camera paint control over IP networks. As more and more cameras move to using IP based CCU control this will be easier to implement. Most higher end camera chains use RS422 serial communications as their backbone for camera control. I am currently working on a model of our NDI Viewfinder that can at least pass through the serial data while still keeping the same form factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you build them yourself? Just wondering how much can be assembled from off the shelf. Looks like a nice little unit.

All our products are built right here in Texas. Just like NewTek's so you know it has to be good.