PDA

View Full Version : Help posessed Mouse!

Zerowaitstate
02-06-2017, 03:28 AM
Hi all i have hit an issue where in modeller using tool like move, or when scrolling a view port. Just as i really slow the mouse down for very fine adjustment ..... the view port seems to auto scroll, or object just keeps moving off in the direction it last moved.

Very frustration when trying to move / scale etc

last time i came across some thing like this is was something to do with:

Edit>Navigation Preference>device and swapping between tablet and mouse. currently the drop down has (any) as an the only option.

any ides or suggestion appreciated... this is driving me crazy

LW2015.3 Win 10 x 64

Paul_Boland
02-06-2017, 05:18 AM
Do you see odd mouse behaviour outside of Lightwave? If so, you either need to install the dedicated mouse driver if it has one, or you need to get a new mouse.

Zerowaitstate
02-06-2017, 05:49 AM
Do you see odd mouse behaviour outside of Lightwave? If so, you either need to install the dedicated mouse driver if it has one, or you need to get a new mouse.

Newp... seem only in LW. I did see a roll back option restore point for two days ago , applying this mad no difference

unstable
02-06-2017, 06:47 AM
Maybe its time to perform an exorcism. hehe Sorry, I don't have anything useful to suggest. I ran into the same thing using LW on a Surface Pro and it still acts erratically. Doesn't happen on any other device for me, just the Surface.

Danner
02-06-2017, 07:41 AM
There have been a few threads about this.
Like:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?141017-Mouse-Drift-Issue-w-Rotate-Translate-Windows-8-1-LW-11-6-Modeler-amp-Layout/page5

"DPI scaling" seems to be the cause of this for some people.

Zerowaitstate
02-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Issue resolved not specificly dpi scaling setting but Display properties "change the size of text, apps and other items" was at 150 on a 40" in 1980 x 1080 mode.

Thanks for feed back team !