PDA

View Full Version : NDI not showing up in After Effects 2017

richhelvey
02-01-2017, 02:41 PM
I just installed NDI Tools and am trying to get it to work as an after effects CC 2017 video preview. I have the .aex plugin installed, but there's only the default Adobe DV listed under video preview. Do I need to restart my computer or anything like that?

Thanks,
-Rich

kanep
02-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Is this on Mac or Windows?

I don't believe the Mac AdobeCC has the After Effect support yet, just Premiere.

On Windows, the newest plug-in with AdobeCC works differently and doesn't use the video preview settings. The new plug-in allows reading of the alpha channel information from the composition, you don't have to turn anything on, it should activate when After Effects is running.

SBowie
02-03-2017, 07:00 AM
Not sure about the Mac questions, but we looked into this and discovered that AE connection requires a new frame to be sent to get the ball rolling. That effectively means that, before initially connecting, you need to scrub or hit a cursor key. This will be fixed in a future update, but for the moment it's a pretty easy workaround.

richhelvey
02-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Not sure about the Mac questions, but we looked into this and discovered that AE connection requires a new frame to be sent to get the ball rolling. That effectively means that, before initially connecting, you need to scrub or hit a cursor key. This will be fixed in a future update, but for the moment it's a pretty easy workaround.

Yes, that seems to have been the problem. I think. :)

Anyways, it's working now.

Thanks all

SBowie
02-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Thank you, for kicking the tires and giving it a spin. :)