PDA

View Full Version : Rail Extrude crashes Modeler

MartyC
01-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Unexplainably, the rail extrude tool under multiply - extend, will crash modeler. I had been working with it without any problem, but then a glitch hit and couldn't get it to operate. it is a simple helix curve created from the helix tool, and a closed curve circle in the back ground to extrude along the helix line in the foreground. I tried to switch that background foreground but it still crashes. I get the dialogue box with the oriented, align to start etc. it's been a while since I've used this tool so confounded to figure it out. LW v11.6 Windows7 pro- MC

Ma3rk
01-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Have you tried with a fresh Modeler session & completely new geometry? You might have unknowingly "goobered" your items & they're not what you believe them to be such as accidentally creating a duplicate.

erikals
01-30-2017, 06:14 PM
run merge, then try deleting 1 point polys and 2 point polys. could help.

MartyC
01-31-2017, 03:35 AM
Thankyou, at midnight I must have Goobered it up, never heard that one but I like it, it works after morning coffee and starting a new. MC

- - - Updated - - -

Good suggestion, always do that, got it to work on a new model, appreciate it, MC

Ma3rk
02-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Thankyou, at midnight I must have Goobered it up, never heard that one but I like it, it works after morning coffee and starting a new. MC

- - - Updated - - -

Good suggestion, always do that, got it to work on a new model, appreciate it, MC

Ah, well, old "technical" term.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Goobered

Fresh eyes, brain & coffee always seem to help in these matters.