PDA

View Full Version : pbr in lightwave from substance painter

vonpietro
01-28-2017, 11:28 AM
http://static.lightwave3d.com/marketing/newsletters/2015/december/substance_painter/Substance_Painter_Compound.pdf

This was an interesting read - the conclusion was if you use HDR - check that it doesn't have super hot spots or you'll suffer white firefiles in your renders =)

I did not know colorspace was so important when importing images with substance painter

sudac20
01-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Nice... thanks for the link

jwiede
01-28-2017, 04:38 PM
I did not know colorspace was so important when importing images with substance painter

If you're using any HDRs in your scene (without range limiting), regardless of source, super-hot spots can cause "fireflies" in your render. It's a general HDR workflow concern.

Norka
02-23-2017, 07:13 AM
Oh man, Substance Painter's brush opacity is finally here, in the new 2.5! How it took them this long is beyond me, but better late than never. This was like a last piece of the puzzle. Painter is now complete.

bazsa73
02-23-2017, 07:16 AM
If you're using any HDRs in your scene (without range limiting), regardless of source, super-hot spots can cause "fireflies" in your render. It's a general HDR workflow concern.

ture, but LW has a nice solution for that, last time came handy when I switched it on and HDRI fireflies were all gone for good

samurai_x
02-23-2017, 08:04 AM
Oh man, Substance Painter's brush opacity is finally here, in the new 2.5! How it took them this long is beyond me, but better late than never. This was like a last piece of the puzzle. Painter is now complete.

Can it paint on multiple uvmaps and multiple meshes at once now? Like a single stroke on a box and sphere with each one having its own uvmap and material.
I had to switch uvmaps just to paint on another part of a mesh before.
Painting in SP was extremely tedious before because of that.

Norka
02-23-2017, 03:55 PM
I don't believe so. I'm not 100% though. I think I get what you're saying... but I find that I'm able to produce exactly what I want, now that I've finally become accustomed to working with Color ID maps in Painter. Once you do, things get pretty effing rad. Do you not have 2.x license? They have added a ton of great stuff in 2.x cycle. Definitely worth the upgrade, if you still have 1.x.

Exclaim
02-23-2017, 06:06 PM
Heard it has support for text now too. Glad they are keeping things moving.

samurai_x
02-23-2017, 07:19 PM
I don't believe so. I'm not 100% though. I think I get what you're saying... but I find that I'm able to produce exactly what I want, now that I've finally become accustomed to working with Color ID maps in Painter. Once you do, things get pretty effing rad. Do you not have 2.x license? They have added a ton of great stuff in 2.x cycle. Definitely worth the upgrade, if you still have 1.x.

I have the steam suite. Didn't install again because the color id and uvmaps workflow I mentioned was tedious. I use 3dcoat instead. Still the best 3d painting app out there.
Substance designer is great though for making tiled textures. I'll wait till spainter has the capability to paint across different meshes and uvmaps before I try again.