PDA

View Full Version : New Lightwave tutorial from Pluralsight

Aww167
01-25-2017, 01:33 PM
Just noticed this on Pluralsight. I thought it might be of interest to anyone (like me) still learning and grappling with photorealistic texturing and renders. I didn't see any other posts about it but apologies if it's already been covered.

https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/lightwave-3d-creating-photorealistic-beverage-ad-2518/table-of-contents

adrian
01-27-2017, 03:58 AM
That looks good, although I notice it's for Lightwave2015. Don't know how much would be transferable back to 11.6.3. Nevertheless, it's good that another tutorial for LW is out there.

2create
01-27-2017, 06:05 AM
Should be fine for Lightwave 3D version 10+. Using VPR and Nodes.

TheLexx
01-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Many thanks for that. Is it just me or is Pluralsight completely horrible to navigate compared to the old Digital Tutors site ? Maybe it's just my settings or something, but with Digital Tutors, you could see virtually at a glance what you were about to explore.

pming
01-28-2017, 03:13 AM
Hiya!

Just watched the whole thing. Nice work! Easy to follow, easy to understand (although may be a bit fast for newbies...but he does state it's for a more intermediate LW user). Only an hour and a half long, so not a slog-fest like some other tutorials. The author, Luis du Mont, keeps a fairly brisk and steady pace...which is nice. I don't like authors who hand-hold the viewer every single second, especially if what they are talking about is pretty much newb level 1 (e.g. "this is a manipulation widget and here's how you use them [insert 5 minutes of yammering that even a newb will figure out in 30 seconds]".

I didn't see anything that wasn't available in 11.6.3 (which is what I have).

Oh, and yeah, TheLexx, the Pluralsight site is convoluted and messy! Ugh! But I *knew* this was going to happen when they bought DT...anytime you get a big corporate leaning company involved, it's all about "whomever gives us the most money, wins"...and I'd guess that all the IT and coder types out there have no problem with how it's laid out. The DT site is light years more easy to navigate and view. I still use it to view any tutorial that was put out before the takeover...er..."buyout/merger".

Surrealist.
01-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Good to see them adding more tutorials.