PDA

View Full Version : Help! LW 7.5 will not install on G5

tcanepa
12-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Any help would be appreciated, since the newtek phone support was pretty much worthless. When I install Lightwave 7.5, it copies all of the files and when the "files to install" count hits 0, it sits there with the little colored wheel spinning, and will not finish. After a forced quit of the installer, all the files seem to be copied over to the HD. I double click on Lightwave (or modeler) and it appears bouncing in the dock, but the program will not open. Thanks for you help!

pdrake
12-16-2003, 03:03 PM
sounds like an eve3 problem. did you install the dongle software? are you installing with the dongle plugged in? are there any other apps running?

i don't know. i've had these problems before, but not with a fresh cd from the vendor. (wink, wink)

make sure you take off everything that might have gone on your hard drive, including any prefrences and or libraries buried deep down in the system. it might be stopped by one of those. then try again after a reboot.

perry

Aegis
12-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Definitely sounds like a dongle problem - I had the same issue installing LightWave on a G5 which also had Mirage installed - LightWave's installer would lock up if the Mirage dongle was plugged in. In fact, I can't run LightWave at all with the Mirage dongle plugged in - I have to remove it, run LightWave then plug it back in *sigh* conflicts, conflicts, conflicts :(

tcanepa
12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
I have Avid on my system that also has a dongle. Should I simply remove the Avid Dongle pun in the LW dongel, then start up and try again?

I'll give it a go and let you know how it turns out.

tcanepa
12-16-2003, 06:00 PM
I removed the Avid Xpress Pro dongle, replaced it with the Lightwave, and gave the whole thing another shot. But, it still stalled at the end of the install. I am nearing the end of my rope here. I'm not sure what else to do.

noiseboy
12-17-2003, 01:42 AM
basic question here, did you repair your file permissions before installing LW, always good to do before new installations, but you probably already knew that. The software for the dongle is installed seperately (eve.framework) in the system library, but you should be able to install without it (LW would just run in Discovery mode).

ingo
12-17-2003, 03:25 AM
What happens if you force quit the installer and than start that installed Lightwave ?
I remember that one LW updater crashes too, but it had installed everything correct.