PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard super??

edmellnik
01-18-2017, 01:53 PM
I am totally green here on sports scoreboard stuff.
Doing Roller Derby and have no idea how to put clock and scoreboard data on the screen.

From what I understand you can get a feed from the scoreboard.....
What do I need to get it into my 860 and 300 tricaster as an overlay of some sort?

I do not have standalone Livetext...

ANyone to shed some light would be greatly appreciated.

Ed

kanep
01-18-2017, 03:12 PM
There are two things you need. The first is an interface to get the scoreboard data off the scoreboard system into your production, then you need a solution to format that data into graphics on the screen. In some cases, this might be an all in one solution and in others it might be two solutions put together.

First, for an scoreboard interface you might check into the following:
Graphics Outfitters: http://www.graphicsoutfitters.com/
SportzCast: http://sportzcast.us/

After that if you need a CG solution to push the data into the TriCaster you can check with many of the major CG packages like LiveText, NewBlueFX, Vizrt and others.

The big thing to start with, if finding an interface that solution that supports Roller Derby scoreboard data. You might also check with the maker of the scoreboard system to see if they have a solution. Also when it comes to CG solutions, be aware that your 860 supports NDI while your 300 is limited to the older AirSend protocol.

JPulera
01-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Poor Man's Scoreboard: Point a spare (cheap) camera at scoreboard, and in TriCaster M/E or DSK, Crop/Scale/Position the required portion of the scoreboard as an overlay.

Thanks

Jeff

edmellnik
01-18-2017, 05:12 PM
I was t hinking about that too Jeff.

'And thanks Kane to you for your info.

Ed

PIZAZZ
01-18-2017, 10:19 PM
I was t hinking about that too Jeff.

'And thanks Kane to you for your info.

Ed

Ever thought about just contracting out your graphics needs? Instead of fighting it and trying to figure it out before the event?

All you would need is an internet connection at the site of at least 10 up and 10 down.

edmellnik
01-19-2017, 12:09 AM
I dont follow you.... but this is a tight budget.
If I had a couple Thousand it would take care of at least one of the three simultaneous games.
But all three would be even more expensive.
I guess there is no easy answer.

PIZAZZ
01-19-2017, 08:54 AM
I dont follow you.... but this is a tight budget.
If I had a couple Thousand it would take care of at least one of the three simultaneous games.
But all three would be even more expensive.
I guess there is no easy answer.

In a nutshell Ed,

If there was a way to have someone create a workflow, operate your graphics, and take that off your shoulders would you be interested?? Entirely remotely without having to fly a guy and gear in for your show. You would need an adequate internet connection of course and a TriCaster with NDI input capability to ingest the graphics. If this could be done for you at a price point you are comfortable with, would this be of interest to you?

edmellnik
01-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Well I have three different events happening simultaneously... and only one of the tricasters will be NDI capable....
But thanks.

PIZAZZ
01-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Well I have three different events happening simultaneously... and only one of the tricasters will be NDI capable....
But thanks.

Three different events or 20. That is the thing in doing it via virtualization, there is more capacity than just the hardware on the ground at the event.
NDI capable is the best and easiest way to do the graphics input but there are also ways to hand off a hardware HDSDI Key/Fill too.

Just wondering if this was something that you would consider that is all.

ScottHelton
01-19-2017, 02:18 PM
I worked at a local Cable Access station in Cincinnati we covered a roller derby team. My boss found a bit of an open source software. I believe its called Carolina Roller Derby Scoreboard. You can customize logos and it has a few different layouts. Not the prettiest score graphic but it worked for us. The facebook page and more discussion on that is "Derby Scoreboard"

kshultz
02-14-2017, 09:03 AM
I have just took over a school program. We have a TC 40 and we're also looking to do live sports. We have livetext but i'm inexperienced with this software... what steps/cost will it take for us to get a live scoreboard up and going???

kltv
02-14-2017, 05:07 PM
There are a couple of options out there, depending on how complicated you want to get. I have a scoreboard plugin for LiveText that lets you use your LiveText system to get the graphics into the TriCaster. It comes with basic templates or you can use your own elements inside LiveText.

That is available here: http://tofervision.com/software/ltscoreboards/

For more complex situations, you may want to look at these solutions from other folks in the NewTek ecosystem.
https://suitecg.com
http://graphicsoutfitters.com

Thanks!
Kris

AndrewToschi
03-22-2017, 06:53 PM
I've used Kris's Scoreboard solution and it really works well. You can also integrate it with Graphics Outfitters ScoreOCR product with a little effort.