PDA

View Full Version : NDI for Tricaster Mini (Standard)

GThomas
01-17-2017, 05:17 PM
We bought a TC Mini about 18 months ago. How do we go about upgrading it to accept NDI on the NET input sources? I remember checking for an update, but not seeing one available. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

SBowie
01-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Just hit the Updates and Downloads webpage, and look for the current Standard Edition software for your unit.

GThomas
01-17-2017, 05:55 PM
Thanks, Steve. I assume we'll need to update LiveText as well?

SBowie
01-17-2017, 06:31 PM
If you have the standalone version you will,. The integrated version is updated with the TriCaster update.

JPulera
01-18-2017, 08:06 AM
I've never had much luck with the "automatic" update of TriCaster and prefer to download the needed files on another PC (this can also be done on the Mini in Windows mode). During download process, it may ask to download or install, choose download.

Current Standard Edition version for Mini is 2-6-161116 available here - http://newtek.com/downloads

Downloaded files go to C:\TriCaster Build

RUN the TriCaster.exe file within that folder to install. I like to COPY the downloaded folder to my D: drive for backup, because a RESTORE will wipe the C: drive completely. Having the latest update on another drive means quick and easy update after the Restore, not having to download update files again. I also keep copies of recent Newtek software on my USB 3.0 thumb drive, never leave home without it ;-)

If you have the stand-alone LiveText license, you can download 161108 version. During install, it will ask if you want to use NDI or iVGA, be sure to choose NDI.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

GThomas
01-18-2017, 04:04 PM
I've never had much luck with the "automatic" update of TriCaster and prefer to download the needed files on another PC (this can also be done on the Mini in Windows mode). During download process, it may ask to download or install, choose download.

Current Standard Edition version for Mini is 2-6-161116 available here - http://newtek.com/downloads

Downloaded files go to C:\TriCaster Build

RUN the TriCaster.exe file within that folder to install. I like to COPY the downloaded folder to my D: drive for backup, because a RESTORE will wipe the C: drive completely. Having the latest update on another drive means quick and easy update after the Restore, not having to download update files again. I also keep copies of recent Newtek software on my USB 3.0 thumb drive, never leave home without it ;-)

If you have the stand-alone LiveText license, you can download 161108 version. During install, it will ask if you want to use NDI or iVGA, be sure to choose NDI.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
Thanks for the great explanation. Very helpful!