PDA

View Full Version : NDI and Audio? Help!

bigdaymedia
01-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone!

I am a teacher at a school and we do a lot of mobile broadcasts! We have a 460 AE with a 3 Play 425 and a Graphic Outfitters Score HD graphic system. Right now we are broadcasting a lot of sporting events at other schools. Our IT department believes they have found a way to transmit our 4 camera angles (using NDI, a 410 as a control machine) back to our control room at our home school. This is great and should relieve some pressure of setting up and tearing down after each event. Here's my problem. Most of the time I have 16-24 channels of I/O audio that I deal with. Using the exisiting 4 cameras I would only have 8 channels of audio to send back. To explain, all I want to send out is 4 cameras, our on air talent, and a floor director. All production equipment (Audio mixer, 3play, Tricaster) would stay back at our home school.

Question 1.
What is the best solution? Dante? Will it be in sync with the NDI? If so or if not, what do we purchase to get all the audio back to the control room in the home school.

Question 2
Intercom? Will Dante Support a Telex/RTS/Clearcom Intercom? Is there a NDI Intercom solution? I have played with Unity Intercom and I'm impressed. I just don't want to spend the money on another system unless I have to.

Question 3
This isn't audio, but I hope someone can help. I would like to keep the 425 3Play back at the school, is there anyway (I know the Output module works) to get NDI back to SDI? More importantly in a cost effective manor? Newtek Connect?? With 4 black magic capture cards?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Ken

PIZAZZ
01-15-2017, 07:40 PM
Sounds like an exciting project Ken.

Dante will most likely do what you want on the audio side. The big question though is what kind of speed is the network connection between schools ? Are they on the same campus or is your backhaul over the public internet? That information is crucial before going much further.

Yes Unity will work well for you.

A NDI to SDI converter to do what you want is coming soon. I hear it is going to be released by the end of this week.

bigdaymedia
01-16-2017, 01:49 PM
Hey Jef!

We are running Fiber from location to location. So we should be ok. Unity seems great. Who is making this converter?

Ken

bigdaymedia
01-26-2017, 05:54 PM
Hey Jef, What's the situation with converter? Who makes it?