PDA

View Full Version : Insert node in Spline Control

Greenlaw
01-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Ugh...I feel like I should know this by now but does anybody know a way to insert a new node within a spline control path?

For example, I have a path set up with 16 nodes and I decide I need place a node between node 2 and 3 to smooth out a curve, how would I do that? Easily, I mean.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Ma3rk
01-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Dig up Rebel Hill's video on it. Pretty sure he touches on that. Think it's a simple matter of using the Scene Editor to add one to the hierarchy.

Greenlaw
01-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Thanks! I'll check out the video later today. (I know I've seen it but it's been ages.)

I just remembered (I think)...doesn't he have a script or tool for this in his animation toolkit? I'll check there too.

Ztreem
01-14-2017, 02:26 PM
You can rearrange the spline node hierarchy in the scene editor if you use the classic one, not the new one.
Just make a new Null and drag it in the classic scene editor to the place in the hierarchy between the nodes where you want to insert it.

raw-m
01-14-2017, 03:48 PM
As Ztreem says. You can do it in the "new" scene editor, where it says "name" click on it until you get it in Sequence order, then you can reorder.

Greenlaw
01-14-2017, 06:19 PM
That's it???

I had set the Scene Editor's 'name' to display Sequence order but only so the nodes displayed in order. I never knew you could also change the order of the nulls while in this mode. Neat!

Thanks guys! That's going to make my task a whole lot easier when I go back into work. :bowdown:

jeric_synergy
01-14-2017, 07:27 PM
It's rather encouraging that even Greenlaw, GREENLAW! :bowdown:, disremembers a feature now and then. :D

Ztreem
01-15-2017, 03:57 AM
As Ztreem says. You can do it in the "new" scene editor, where it says "name" click on it until you get it in Sequence order, then you can reorder.

I didn't know that, thanks for the tip.