PDA

View Full Version : 3D Mouse Support

Malorie
12-16-2003, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know if LightWave will support a 3D Mouse like the Cad-Man?

http://www.inition.co.uk/inition/product_3dinput_3dconnexion_cadman.htm

Maybe with a plug-in?

Anyone, anyone?

Malorie
12-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Bump :)

BeeVee
12-17-2003, 03:57 AM
I haven't used this one, but I have used IBM's SpaceMouse, admittedly not with LightWave. For my money, I'd rather have a bigger screen than get one of these things. Yes, it's nice to be able to rotate and zoom your object or viewport without having to click on a button on-screen, but since LightWave (and many other 3D apps) allow for keyboard shortcuts to manipulate your objects in 3D space, it wasn't worth the money to me. YMMV

B

Malorie
12-17-2003, 04:37 AM
I just started using it with SolidWorks and now I find it odd to mess around with the mouse in LightWave. As much as a person rotates character type models looking for things to tweek, I thought it would really be the ticket there.

I can see where after a while of using it in SolidWorks, I won't want to go back. It is so natural to just spin the part anyway that you like without even thinking about it. The part seems more real somehow.

cappie
09-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Yes, we have one here at work and I use it too in serveral 3D applications that support it.. it would be great to have support for it in Lightwave..

mgutman
09-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Same here. It is a very good tool.