PDA

View Full Version : Saddam's Hideout Animation

cuse
12-16-2003, 06:00 AM
I searched but dont think anyone has posted this... Thought it was quite interesting?

SADDAM'S HIDEOUT (http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/world/0312/animation.spider.hole/frameset.exclude.html)

cuse

ted
12-16-2003, 10:03 AM
Interesting.
I thought the animation was kinda crude. Some of the talented people around here should help the Government improve their stuff!;)

cuse
12-16-2003, 10:12 AM
I remember seeing a Newtek interview with one of the guys from CNN or TIME magazine and their Lightwave stuff was very impressive.

I guess they just wanted something out asap┐

cuse

Red_Oddity
12-16-2003, 10:22 AM
That, and a large part of the quality might have to do with the budget...

It's just for a newstopic, if a modeler/animator works on this more than a couple of hours it becomes too expensive real soon...

cuse
12-16-2003, 10:30 AM
Yea,

Im sure it wasnt a simple procedure to model the 'hideout' in that short time, also going back to a features editor for sign off etc...

cuse

Ade
12-16-2003, 06:54 PM
They should get an ex quake3 programmer to do a walk through, gothic textures, bouncing steps and all.

Tom Wood
12-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Oh, I dunno, it looked a lot like the animations they used to show off 3DSMAX6 up here about a month ago. They were pretty proud of them... ;)

Beamtracer
12-19-2003, 09:24 AM
The guy Newtek profiled at Time magazine was doing stills with Lightwave, and creating covers for Time.

This CNN animation is something different. Look at the weird things happening with transparency. Look how the "floor" at the front cuts in and out. There are other weird transparent things as it zooms away from the hole at the end.

Maybe someone should try using Sasquatch to model Saddam's beard. :D
(Template below)