PDA

View Full Version : Feature Suggestion: Save physics data with the scene file.

Paul_Boland
12-27-2016, 09:32 AM
Hi LW3DG.

I'm working on my first ventures with the fracture and physics tools, making stuff fall apart. The animations looks great, but what's not great is that the physics animations are not saved in the scene file. If I close Lightwave and reload the exact same scene file later, a scene in which nothing has changed, Lightwave has to recalculate all the physics again. I can understand needing to recalculate the physics when a change is made, but when no change is made and I just close and open the same scene file it's a pain to wait two hours odd (in the case of my current scene) for it to recalculate the same physics over and over again. It would be great if the physics animation data was saved with the scene file, saving the need to recalculate at every reload of the scene file.

Paul_Boland
12-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Ok, this is strange... Tonight I discovered that if I move my physics scene to my laptop and load it up, Lightwave starts to calculate the physics, a process taking a couple of hours to do. But if I load the scene on my desktop where the scene was originally built and the physics were first calculated, that the physics don't need to be recalculated because they are already there. So that tells me the physics are being saved somewhere but not with the scene file otherwise the laptop would have loaded them and not need to recalculate them. So where are the physics being saved???

Jarno
12-29-2016, 08:58 PM
In the dynamics folder in the current content directory. The physics data for the scene is name "<scene name>.dynacache".

---JvdL---

Paul_Boland
12-29-2016, 09:21 PM
Found it! Thanks very much for this, much appreciated!!