PDA

View Full Version : Must I use demo mode?

byronpetch
12-16-2003, 03:10 AM
Just purchased Lightwave 7.5 for myself. and gone through the first part of a slightly complex registration procedure. whereby I have installed, got dongle ID and sent it to Newtek so they can send me a permanent license.

The reference guide says if I dont do this the software will stop functioning after 14 days. It mentions nothing about demo mode.

At the moment the software only runs in demo mode and I cant save any scenes. Is this correct or do I need to do something odd like deleting some preference file on a wednesday afternoon whilst wearing red underpants and standing on one leg?

Thanks

Matt

gazmon
12-16-2003, 03:41 AM
I havent got lightwave infront of me right now but you should have a text file
(i think it may have the title of key something or other!)in your lightwave folder with a code in it that you need to alter to the code supplied by lightwave, until you do this lightwave will only run in demo mode.
I agree that it is a fiddly install procedure and the manual doesnt explain it well.
Hope this helps
Gaz

byronpetch
12-16-2003, 03:49 AM
Thanks Gazmon,

At least I know that thats how it should be now.

MP

NonPlanar
12-16-2003, 06:01 AM
HI,

If you installed the software without the dongle connected, it will not generate a 14 day license code and run in demo mode right off the bat...

Try to uninstall Lightwave, (this should be an option in the installer program) delete the prefs and plist in the users/yourname/library/preferences/ folder

Make sure the dongle is connected, and install again. (I'm not sure if you'd have to reboot inbetween uninstall and reinstall.)

Now LW should generate the temp license key that will work for 14 days adn not in demo mode.

Let me know if that helps

byronpetch
12-16-2003, 06:18 AM
Thank you,

Its ok now ive received the license. I was jumping the gun a bit and being a bit cynical assuming that if im told ill get it in a couple of days, ill probably get it in a week.

All is ok now

Thanks

P

NonPlanar
12-16-2003, 07:50 AM
No problemo.