PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Link an Excel Sheet to Tricaster (Data Link)

Radio_TVPat1982
12-23-2016, 03:00 PM
I have a High School Football All Star game I am covering next week and would like to setup my Tricaster's graphics to basically make one generic Player Bio double Line Graphic and just link it to an Excel spreadsheet.

I use Data Link on another system and we are able to setup the graphics to were it works off a relative ID which is the jersey number. Is thee a way to do something like that in the Tricaster?

Also the Roster will be on a separate computer designated for graphics but on the same network.

I would like the end result to look something like this

#10 Jon Doe QB
HT: 6'2 WT: 250 School: Central High

Tomerson
12-28-2016, 06:37 AM
Try and check NewBlueFX - https://www.newbluefx.com/support/help-files/titler-pro-live-2-help/newtek-and-others

They working with Newtek. NDI

Radio_TVPat1982
01-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the reply. That graphic solution looks very good especially for the price! Right now though, I am only looking for a way to transfer Data Link data from an excel spreadsheet to graphics I currently have already built in my Tricaster.

I already have shells built for a scorebugs, box scores, bios, title cards, lower 3rds etc..... I am just looking for a solution to link the already created graphics to a spreadsheet. That way I can create something like a master Home & Away spreadsheet each game. Just update the rosters, save it and done.

I had a forum member PM me with a very good solution he is working on. It does exactly what I was looking for but not a streamlined process yet. I hope he continues to work on the app because it would make my life simpler.

For sports like basketball where there is only like 10-12 players per team it is easy to manage without Data Link but a sport like Football or baseball where you are trying to manage graphics for 50+ players it gets to be a bit much to manage pre made titles.

Just looking to make a home bio and road bio for each team and have a data linked application fill in the blanks.