PDA

View Full Version : Any Lightwave 10 users successfully running on Windows 10?

cglensmith
12-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has experience running Lightwave 10 on Windows 10? Haven't used Lightwave in a bit and have yet to upgrade to Windows 10. Will an OS upgrade scuttle my ability to use Lightwave 10 afterward, or will it still work... Any Lightwave 10 users out there with success running on Windows 10?

JohnMarchant
12-22-2016, 03:20 AM
I used to run LW 10 on W10 and had no issues at all, ive also ran LW 11 and 2015 and so far no real issues. My laptop is 4 years old so i was worried the hardware would be able to take Win10 but no problems. Drivers were the biggest issue when Win10 first came out but now that's mostly sorted out.

rustythe1
12-22-2016, 04:24 AM
if its an asus with the aisuit3 turn off the little side gadget, that was the only issue I had, it completely screwes up the windows ui and seems no fix other than turning off the tool bar, took me 3 months to figure it out as the symptons are just so unrelated, you had to press print screen to make dialogues visible, WTF? removing AI fixed it, then I stumbled on a ROG thread where some one finally worked it out (even though I had been posting to asus with no answers and it seemed many other people had the same issue but could never resolve it)

Rhothgar
12-22-2016, 06:41 AM
just got a new Win10 machine and running LW9.6. So far so good. Some weird issues - sometimes it will randomly jump to another open application. IE if I have layout open it will sometimes randomly switch back to modeler (also open) without my consent. Just does it. I just click back and keep going. Annoying but not a major issue. Not sure if it is the OS or that I'm using an old version of lightwave or some other unknown technical issue... but other than that is seems fine.

hrgiger
12-22-2016, 07:04 AM
I've run it for the last year on Windows 10 with no issues.

cglensmith
12-22-2016, 10:29 AM
You folks are awesome! Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. Great to know how things went for you, so it's worth the gamble. :)

Snosrap
12-22-2016, 07:51 PM
Dude - now it's time for you to step up and get LW2015.3. :)

cglensmith
12-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Ha! Well, I started with Lightwave back in the early Amiga days and have managed to keep upgrading up to 10, so that's probably a sign of decent loyalty over the years. Unfortunately, my employer hired a new VP and after a month she went around sacking departments so that she could take all that money from everyone's salaries and build herself a totally new empire to preside over. What's worse is the employer convinced me to move across the country to join a department that was the victim of a change in "strategy". Nice, eh? So, unless Santa comes down the chimney with a copy of Lightwave in his bag, I think I'll be running LW10 just a bit longer. :) That said, if someone hadn't chirped in like you did, I would have been a bit disappointed! ;) Still a LW fan! Thanks again, and Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

spherical
12-22-2016, 09:48 PM
Yeah. I always marvel at the "we're moving in another direction" that somehow is supposed to make you feel better when they fire you.

She sounds like the "not invented here" mentality.