PDA

View Full Version : Access Manager

rabbit
12-19-2016, 07:11 AM
Hello,

I`m searching for a manual for the Access Manager. I have found on which way I can make a bright to a source in a other network but how I can make sources not visible for other user - or on a other direction - how I can make a source only visible for one user (one IP)?

Hartmut

SBowie
12-19-2016, 11:25 AM
The Access Manager is documented in the current Getting Started with NDI doc included when you install or update the NDI Tools pack.

jandw
03-28-2018, 03:43 AM
The part, even after reading the document your reference, is how to use these 'groups'. How do I add NDI sources/devices to a group? Creating a new group only let's you give it a name and description. I would have imagined you could choose the available NDI sources on your subnet/Vlan to add to that group? But not so, apparantly. So: how can I add for example the NDI sources from my TC1 to a group, but not the NDI streams from my NDI camera's, which all are in the same VLAN/subnet?

livepad
03-28-2018, 05:26 AM
The part, even after reading the document your reference, is how to use these 'groups'. How do I add NDI sources/devices to a group? Creating a new group only let's you give it a name and description. I would have imagined you could choose the available NDI sources on your subnet/Vlan to add to that group? But not so, apparantly. So: how can I add for example the NDI sources from my TC1 to a group, but not the NDI streams from my NDI camera's, which all are in the same VLAN/subnet?

You state in Access Manager which groups you would like *this*machine's NDI Receivers to see.

As I understand it, the device creating the NDI Sources has to assign them to a group as they are generated. Where that information comes from is the question.

Its not clear if TC1 would pull the 'receiver' group info from the Access manager and apply that to NDI Sends - or perhaps there is a preference somewhere you can set to determine the NDI Group info to be attached to your TC1 sources.

Note that Access Manager global setting of groups only applies to Windows machines.
macOS and Linux dont have a central point to enter this information although individual apps can provision the same functionality with local settings.