PDA

View Full Version : UV maps in LW 11.6

Richard Hebert
12-18-2016, 05:06 AM
I'm using ABF UV unwrap and it's creating a new map for the unwrap. I want to use an existing map but can't find a way to take UV info. from 'Unwrap' map and insert into existing map. Any way to do this? Thanks!

Richard

gerry_g
12-18-2016, 05:41 AM
when you make a map there is a toggle down list of existing maps, you can select the destination map there, or at least you could have if it worked but of course it dosn't, no wonder LW is never used for uv mapping. So plan B it is With your geo selected go to map tab at top, go to General<EditMaps<Copy Vertex Map and when the dialogue box pops open enter the exact name of the map you want to paste it to, if some of the geo already exists in the other map it may make a mess of it but thats the best you can do, find a third party solution would be my advice

djwaterman
12-18-2016, 08:24 AM
You've made your two maps, go to the Window/vertex map panel. Open the 'Texture' drop down and select the map you want to copy and paste into another map, right mouse button to open up option, choose 'Copy Vertex Map'. This is where it get unintuitive, in that open dialogue, type in the name of the UV map that you want to paste into, make sure the spelling and spacing exactly matches the destination map in the list, then click OK. The map should be now pasted into that other map.

A good thing to do before all this, check both maps to see if they will overlap each other, and then select all the points in either map and move it off to the side. Once the maps get pasted together, you can select those points and move it back into a space within the UV grid.

Richard Hebert
12-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a go. You would think this would be a veeerrrry simple operation but..... Nooooooooo. with a smiley face of course!

Richard Hebert
12-18-2016, 12:27 PM
That worked... I would have never figured that out... could it have been more convoluted? Thanks for the help guys!