PDA

View Full Version : Shematic view

THIBAULT
12-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a plugins for organiz shematic windows, do you know if plugin exist ?
Thanks in advance

MSherak
12-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a plugins for organiz shematic windows, do you know if plugin exist ?
Thanks in advance

Should be 'Schematic View Tools' and 'Schematic Item Position' commands in Layout. Assign them to a key or add to the menus.

THIBAULT
12-10-2016, 01:13 AM
Thanks MSherak !

omichon
12-10-2016, 01:57 AM
Should be 'Schematic View Tools' and 'Schematic Item Position' commands in Layout.
These tools are fairly basic and poorly designed to say the least. In some cases, using these commands will ruin your tree.
I wish we could have a schematic view efficient as was Softimage 20 years ago...

shrox
12-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Oh yes, the Shematic 5000 with option random variable mood swings. I think it was recalled due to charging problems.

Greenlaw
12-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Tree View still works well for me most of the time. I used it as recently as last week.

Skeleton View used to work well many years ago but at some point I started having a lot of problems with it (after version 10 I think). I'm not sure why though; when I test it, Skeleton View seems to work okay with simple setups but whenever I use it with one of my rigged character, things kinda explode.

It's possible that a change in my rigging habits was incompatible with Schematic Tools. I never spent much time in figuring out exactly what breaks Skeleton View for me but I think it has to do with my naming conventions--like it gets confused by similar names or something like that. (I'm sure this would affect Tree View too if I used the same naming with those hierarchies.)

Years ago I asked the devs about this but they apparently couldn't reproduce the problem, and I probably moved on to something more pressing, intending to return to this later.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably should look into this again and report it as a new issue. Schematic Tools was never a great tool but I did rely on it a lot before I started having problems with it.