PDA

View Full Version : environment maps and normal maps

Otterman
12-09-2016, 06:55 AM
I recently found a cool plugin for after effects called normality. heres the link...

http://3dcg.net/#software

Cant believe I have never found this until now. It allows you to use a normal render pass to relight in post. But even better it allows you to use different environment maps as well. Brilliant!!!

My question is, anyone know of a similar plug in or means of doing the same in photoshop? Ive seen it in fusion and Nuke but I'm interested in doing large static images....and Photoshop is my image manipulation package of choice.

Any pointers I'd appreciate it. Oh and if you are a post production fiend like me and you haven't used the plugin above go check it out.

Cheers

Kevbarnes
12-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Hi Otterman
Just tried to have a look at this - Downloaded pc version, but it won't appear in plug-ins list - is it compatible with CS4 Afx (PC).
also - no manual - I think the content is missing from the zip?

MSherak
12-09-2016, 10:27 AM
I recently found a cool plugin for after effects called normality. heres the link...

http://3dcg.net/#software

Cant believe I have never found this until now. It allows you to use a normal render pass to relight in post. But even better it allows you to use different environment maps as well. Brilliant!!!

My question is, anyone know of a similar plug in or means of doing the same in photoshop? Ive seen it in fusion and Nuke but I'm interested in doing large static images....and Photoshop is my image manipulation package of choice.

Any pointers I'd appreciate it. Oh and if you are a post production fiend like me and you haven't used the plugin above go check it out.

Cheers

Yup have used this in the past. It kinda died when Element came into the scene. Nothing for Photoslop that I know of.

bazsa73
12-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Holy shizzle, cool gems for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Otterman
12-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Hi Kevin

Sorry only used the mac version with AE 2015. Plays nicely. Just wish I had tgis capability in PS

Kevbarnes
12-09-2016, 04:10 PM
@ Otterman
OK - thanks for checking - will have to upgrade

Otterman
12-14-2016, 05:47 AM
Just tried using a static normal hires image (6000x4000) from photoshop to AE and messed around with the reflection using different HDR maps. It works however the antialiasing it terrible. Shame this would of been gold!