PDA

View Full Version : question, baked hypervoxel

Amerelium
12-08-2016, 06:50 AM
I've been experimenting with baking hypervoxel clouds (avi uncompressed)

Works like a charm, when it works; some times the cloud just isn't rendered at all. And some times it is.

I not able to find out what is causing this - any ideas?

prometheus
12-08-2016, 10:49 AM
I've been experimenting with baking hypervoxel clouds (avi uncompressed)

Works like a charm, when it works; some times the cloud just isn't rendered at all. And some times it is.

I not able to find out what is causing this - any ideas?

You need to tell us what differs from the working scene compared to the none working scene, so you need to identify why it is working in one scene and in another not, I suspect you do not use the exact same scene without changes and it just renders or not right :D

There could be loads of things causing it to not render, is it the same object, same camera type, same scale on the objects etc??

Amerelium
12-09-2016, 01:26 AM
You need to tell us what differs from the working scene compared to the none working scene, so you need to identify why it is working in one scene and in another not, I suspect you do not use the exact same scene without changes and it just renders or not right :D

There could be loads of things causing it to not render, is it the same object, same camera type, same scale on the objects etc??

This is what puzzles me - its all the same; even the same frame. o.O

prometheus
12-10-2016, 06:15 AM
if the scene and object is the same...then it is odd, can you post the scenefile perhaps? Usally I know my way around the hypervoxels and can perhaps track it down, but it depends if you can share the sample..or similar.

shrox
12-10-2016, 06:53 AM
I've never had success with baking HVs.

prometheus
12-10-2016, 10:22 AM
I've never had success with baking HVs.

super easy, I might provide scenefiles later to help aid that, with settings that fairly matches a decent start anyway.

I think there already are some scenefiles by that guy who made the nice flying dragons in clouds somewhere.

I am a bit busy though with other stuff nowadays so my time spent with lightwave is not much at the current time, but I actually tried som baking yesterday after work, but I may need to do some more and see if I can compile some stuff to share.

There are some cons though, meaning you cant size up a single voxel to real scale of a real cloud at 800 meters high or something, you have to work in default sizes at 1 meter..which means you have to rescale down all your objects and scenery to match, and that poses issues with speed as well perhaps, and baked clouds I do not think can be animated either.

pros...renders fast and you can do fly in clouds (though static clouds) and it can actually soften up edges nicely.
what I havenīt gotten to is a success with point clusters though, only single null cloud items which limits it a bit, and you need to load baked voxels to several nulls ..but you can have a library of fast baked voxels.

Michael

m.d.
12-10-2016, 12:55 PM
No real good quality, but a workflow test of baked HV's imported into Fusion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuoGw7X1qvU

Lightwaves slicing baking makes importing into fusion the easiest of any volume data...
Never really used it yet, would rather have some Turbulence sims baked into slices, but that would be a little tricky as you would have to have a clipping plane move through a volume in an arbitrary number of slices and reset the plane at each advance in the sequence.....HV baking takes care of this automatically.