PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modeling Challenge #280 Christmas Time

NeonZ
12-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Rules:
1. Every two weeks or so there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit between 60 and 120 minutes (plus 60 minutes if you're new to LightWave). You should spend no longer than the allotted time modeling. Then texture your object(s), light the scene, and post a render of your model to this thread. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling time is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
2. Post a wire-frame and a render at 800x600 or larger. (For wireframe help go to: http://www.artssphere.com/plugins/polygoncoloring.php
3. LightWave must be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug-ins are allowed.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.
6. If there are a sufficient number of contributors, a "winner" will get the chance to set the subject of the next challenge. Input from the community is often used in this process. If there are only a handful of contributors, they can discuss this together and pick the next topic, designating one of them to post the new subject in the Forum.
7. Have fun! This is a community event designed to encourage you to keep modeling. Whether you're a new LightWave artist or a seasoned professional, working with these tools is the only way to get better.

This Challenge Topic: Christmas Time

Description: Santa's bringing some new models to town. Design something related to Christmas and upload your "presents" to this thread. Merry Modeling!!!

Modeling Time : 120 minutes

Challenge Ends: 12:00 PM UTC - December 30, 2016.

Challenge #281 will start January 1

bellmore
12-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I've always wanted to make a tree.

blindsided
12-10-2016, 09:24 AM
My Modelling skills have always been poor, but I am going to make an effort this year to practice which I dont do! I always thought the speed challenges were a good way of getting me to practice, so I am going to make an effort to enter no matter how poor the results.
120 mins and nicked the presents from somewhere.

blindsided
12-15-2016, 05:56 AM
A quick anim
https://vimeo.com/195788063

MonroePoteet
12-15-2016, 08:47 AM
Very nice animation! The snow in the dome is excellent.

mTp

NeonZ
12-29-2016, 01:57 PM
Here's a little ornament for the digital Tree!

Modeling time: 85 minutes

NeonZ
12-29-2016, 02:00 PM
I've always wanted to make a tree.

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/main_en.htm has some plugins for trees. I wanted to do this too, but ran out of time this month!

NeonZ
12-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Here are the results of the challenge.

blindsided
modeling - 4
creativity - 4
render - 5
expression - 4
TOTAL - 17

Congratulations blindsided for being this challenge's Winner. I know it's by default since you're the only entry, but you're work is very nice indeed. The video you created with it also showcases some cool things you can do with LightWave 3D. I hope people notice that the candle flame actually moves!!! I'll PM you with the instructions for the next Challenge. Hopefully you can post those on the 1st so we don't lose any time ;)

Happy New Year, Everyone*!

*meaning the few who venture into this post to read this.