PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Engine

wasserott
12-05-2016, 09:03 PM
I have realized that endomorphs don't export to Unreal engine. I am i wrong about this? Secondly any good tutorials on importing characters into Unreal Engine bones and all?

Thanks

Surrealist.
12-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Someone had said that endomorph animation comes through with .fbx from LW. I have not done that from LW. But it works from Maya.

Is there a reason you actually need the "bones and all"?

Because Alembic is now working in Unreal 4.13 and above. And that would solve the endomorph issue as well. Unless you want to animate things there for some reason. Obviously Unreal has the ability to do certain things with the bone animations.

And as a technical note. The way Alembic works now in Unreal is that is creates a series of morph targets. Like .mdd works in Blender. And it requires that you actually load the mesh as a skelleton mesh. I have not tired this. But I wonder if you could load an Alembic and it would load the bones and then the endomorphs as morph targets. You'd have to animate them at least on and off.

Id that is the case, you could then load in FBX animations with bones and also animate or trigger the endomorphs that would come in with the mesh.

This is just theory.

papou
12-06-2016, 06:18 AM
unreal can import endomorph. It may be exported in *.fbx
And when you import it, you must select Bones character and check morph too.
Don't forget to check Morph into each surface materials too.

Sensei
12-06-2016, 01:37 PM
There are two kinds of endomorphs: relative and absolute.
Make one test absolute, try exporting.
Make one test relative, try exporting.
Ability to export one kind, doesn't guarantee the other kind is also supported.
Exporter must be prepared to do so.