View Full Version : Turn Off Hub??

Tony3d
12-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Hi All, How can I turn off the Hub in Lightwave 2015.3 on a Mac? Thanks

Sensei
12-02-2016, 07:38 AM
Hmmm
Guy here
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?120842-How-to-Install-License-LightWave-Turn-Off-Hub-Isolation-Mode-Redirect-Configs
in chapter " Mac Universal Binary: Running Without the Hub" wrote
"The easiest means to run without the Hub is to locate and rename the Hub executable file
in the same folder containing the Layout and Modeler applications. Once renamed, Layout and Modeler
will not be able to locate and use it."

Tony3d
12-02-2016, 09:17 AM
That just Hangs Modeler on Launch. I think you have to kill a line in a preference,or config file, so it doesn't go looking for it.

MSherak
12-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Hi All, How can I turn off the Hub in Lightwave 2015.3 on a Mac? Thanks

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?120842-How-to-Install-License-LightWave-Turn-Off-Hub-Isolation-Mode-Redirect-Configs&p=1164121&viewfull=1#post1164121

Half way down it how to make a script for the MAC to run without the HUB.

Edit. hhahah same url.

Tony3d
12-04-2016, 10:31 AM
There must be someway to turn this stupid him off? does anyone have a script?

jwiede
12-04-2016, 03:40 PM
That just Hangs Modeler on Launch. I think you have to kill a line in a preference,or config file, so it doesn't go looking for it.

Hmm, I always run on Mac with hub renamed to "~Hub" in order to prevent it from launching, without problems. There might be something else broken in your environment.

pinkmouse
12-04-2016, 03:46 PM
What's the base problem Tony? I've never needed to turn off the hub on OSX.

Tony3d
12-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Hmm, I always run on Mac with hub renamed to "~Hub" in order to prevent it from launching, without problems. There might be something else broken in your environment.

Ya, this happened after upgrading to Sierra!

MichaelT
12-05-2016, 03:37 AM
Another way is to have a shortcut (or launch it by other means) and add '-i' as a launch flag.

Example: modeler -i

On windows I suggest adding the flag to the shortcut on your desktop (if you have one that is :) )

This will launch the application without launching hub.

jwiede
12-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Another way is to have a shortcut (or launch it by other means) and add '-i' as a launch flag.

Example: modeler -i

On windows I suggest adding the flag to the shortcut on your desktop (if you have one that is :) )

This will launch the application without launching hub.

Michael, this is on Mac not Windows.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, this happened after upgrading to Sierra!

I've got the exact same config in Sierra as prior, and it still seems to work without problem, if that's any help.

MichaelT
12-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Michael, this is on Mac not Windows.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got the exact same config in Sierra as prior, and it still seems to work without problem, if that's any help.

I know that, what I didn't know was that the '-i' flag didn't work on Mac :) But I learned something today then.

PaulP
12-25-2016, 10:15 PM

This works for me. I have LW 9.6.1 and LW 2015.3 on the same volume, and the "renaming tilde trick" works for both. Running OS X 10.6.8. Very neat and easy hack.

Thanks jwiede.