PDA

View Full Version : 3Play 440's Second SDI Output Not Outputting

ctc2010
12-01-2016, 11:17 AM
I just updated our 2 3Play 440 units after updating our TC460 and now the 2nd SDI output doesn't work on either unit. NDI is fine so we're able to get all 4 channels into our Tricaster (2 channels from each) but we can't get the 2nd SDI output on either unit to feed into our Carbonite switcher.

Any suggestions?

kanep
12-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Just to make sure, I know when you start up 3PLAY with a new session the second output will be black. You have gone to the B channel and changed it to something different, like a live video input?

ctc2010
12-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Just to make sure, I know when you start up 3PLAY with a new session the second output will be black. You have gone to the B channel and changed it to something different, like a live video input?

Yes, I've put live video there and also used the take button to switch a source back and forth between the two. If I have a live input in A, when I hit take and switch it to B, I see it in the "B window" but nothing is actually output.

kanep
12-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Yes, I've put live video there and also used the take button to switch a source back and forth between the two. If I have a live input in A, when I hit take and switch it to B, I see it in the "B window" but nothing is actually output.

This is happening with new sessions?

Beyond that I would put a call into support.

kanep
12-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Just tested my 440 running rev 3-1-161026, my output #2 is working on this version.

ctc2010
12-02-2016, 06:14 PM
So when I went in to troubleshoot today (I tried system restarts yesterday with no luck) and I noticed one of the units had the blue screen of death. I did a hard shutdown and when I turned it back on both outputs were working. Went over to the other unit which was still in a session (and only 1 working output) and tried restarting with no luck. Then I did a hard power down and powered it back up and what do you know, both outputs worked. So now both units have 2 working outputs.

Technology... am I right!?

impalaboy
12-06-2016, 05:39 PM
It's hit-and-miss between our 3Play 425 and TriCaster 8000 when it comes to getting video between the 2. Often times when the systems are powered up, we have either no video from either 3Play channel (via SDI) or just one of the channels.
A reboot of the 3Play sometimes fixes the problem. However...

For the last event, I discovered that if I disconnected the SDI at the TriCaster, then re-connect it, I get video! So it seems to be more of a TriCaster issue than a 3Play issues.

The inputs to the TriCaster are set to 720p, not auto detect.

When these machines work properly, they're great. But they sure are quirky and require more "tricks" to get them to work properly than I would have expected. This goes for LiveText as well.

kanep
12-06-2016, 11:23 PM
Something else you might try changing to an analog source, then back to SDI on the TriCaster. Not sure why you are having this happen so often, I won't say that I've never seen it, but it has been rare.

impalaboy
12-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Something else you might try changing to an analog source, then back to SDI on the TriCaster. Not sure why you are having this happen so often, I won't say that I've never seen it, but it has been rare.
I'll give it a try next time. That would certainly be faster and easier.
Thanks.

impalaboy
12-12-2016, 09:51 AM

Changing from SDI to analog and back worked. But what a pain. There are so many inconsistencies with our Newtek products that we just never know what's not going to work properly next time we do a production. Seems like there are workarounds for everything.

kanep
12-12-2016, 11:26 AM
If it is something you can repeat, I recommend you submit a bug report. Issues tend to be fixed quickly if they are repeatable once reported.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?110229-Reporting-Bugs