PDA

View Full Version : AHHHH WTF this should be easy

FUSION301
12-15-2003, 02:41 PM
ok this is something so simple. I cant figure it out..I have a glass bulb-inside the bulb is a point light...easy so far..now the point light is a child of the glass bulb.. so I move the bulb the point light moves with it...now I need 50 bulbs with point lights inside, so I figure select the bulb and its decendants hit clone and bango!!
nope doesnt work how do I do this easily. and have each bulb the parent of its own point light.?????? please tell me its me and not a LW thing

FUSION301
12-15-2003, 03:01 PM
My dumb *** figured it out sorry guys..but anyway for anyone that doesnt know
Its in the plug ins folder for layout called cloneHierarchy..now if I could only tell it to clone 50 times at specifec distances????hrmmmmm ok lscript people have a go at that.....:)

Dodgy
12-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Did you do a search on www.flay.com?

Axis3d
12-15-2003, 06:52 PM
In Layout, you could use Lscript Commander to easily create a button for repetitive tasks, such as cloning and moving, etc.

Or, in Modeler, you could create your lightbulb object, make an array of them evenly spaced. Then in another layer, make a single point polygon, which is centered on where the bulb would be. Make an array of this single point poly which has the same distribution of your bulb layer. Then to to Construct > Utility > Additional > Add Luxigon. Choose a point light. When finished, cut and paste this layer into the bulb layer. Save and send to Layout. Once in Layout, select the object, then choose Scene > Utilities > Generics > Convert Luxigons. You can select a light from your scene which it will clone into all the single point poly positions. When you are done, you will have a bunch of bulbs with lights automatically centered into their correct positions.

FUSION301
12-16-2003, 08:04 AM
thanks guys, I knew about the luxigon method but just thought there may have been something I was overlooking..