PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing Patch 4744 (Patch 2)

Marty01
12-15-2003, 02:38 PM
Upgrading my system at home and program cd and Patch 1 installed fine. Patch 2 won't let me change to Drive D where my VT3 folder is located. It only wants to install to Drive C. Didn't have this problem with Patch 1. How do I get around this problem? Thanks

Marty

Jim Capillo
12-15-2003, 03:56 PM
I would suggest renaming the drives, but that might screw things up royally.....

ted
12-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Jim, you like to live on the edge!:eek:

Marty, I haven't heard this from anyone lese. Are you saying it went fine on another system for you?
Are you logged in as administrator at home?
Are you installing from a removable or did you copy the patch to a hard drive and which one?

Jim Capillo
12-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Ahhh, just thought of something. Did you uninstall Patch 1 before trying to install Patch 2, Marty? I believe that is a pre-requisite. As Ted said, re-naming drives is risky.....;)

Marty01
12-15-2003, 09:31 PM
I checked my system at work today and the system drive is E and the VT3 folder is on C. I can't remember if I uninstalled Patch 1 before installing Patch 2 at work but I did'nt think I did. Was trying to do things consistently here at home and I still had a problem. Oh well, since Patch 1 is suppose to be incorporated into Patch 2 I will try uninstalling Patch 1 and then installing Patch 2 and see if that works.

ted
12-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Are you sure your system drive is E? I've never seen a system drive configured as anything other then C. Often it will be partitioned as part of a larger drive.

If for some reason your system drive at work is E, I'm betting your system drive at home is drive C. This could be causing some of your issues.
Unless your system drive is huge, I would put VT3 on another drive.

Marty01
12-16-2003, 07:37 AM
Had to free up some space on the C drive as temporary work space and then it gave me the option to install to my D drive. My C partition is very small. When I upgrade to WinXP down the road from now I'm going to make it larger. Looks like I'm up and running again except for installing TMPGEnc and DVD Workshop and then I will run the plugins program. I've never used or installed these programs yet. Thanks for the help.

quantumvista
12-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ted
Are you sure your system drive is E? I've never seen a system drive configured as anything other then C. Often it will be partitioned as part of a larger drive.

If for some reason your system drive at work is E, I'm betting your system drive at home is drive C. This could be causing some of your issues.
Unless your system drive is huge, I would put VT3 on another drive.

Windoze XP doesn't automatically designate the system volume as Drive C: anymore. All drive letters are equal now.

bradl
12-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by quantumvista
Windoze XP doesn't automatically designate the system volume as Drive C: anymore. All drive letters are equal now. I found this out the hard way with my first install of XP. Without even asking me it selected Drive D as my system drive during install. While it would have worked fine that way, it just bugged me so much, I ended up reinstalling the next day! Old habits and all.