PDA

View Full Version : Genoma Issue

adrian
11-25-2016, 02:04 AM
Having followed Lino's tutorial on Genoma I've been experimenting with it for the first time. I've got the rig all set up (a basic quadruped) and once in Layout got the rig created fine and from there can pose my mesh. However when I load this object into the scene I want it in and then try to create the rig Genoma says it will only work if there's only 1 object in the scene. So can Genoma only be used when only the object to be animated is in the scene?

So I then had the thought of pre-posing the object when it's in Layout on its' own but I cannot seem to find a way to save it in a posed state. I've tried exporting the rig and importing and "saving all objects" doesn't work either.

I've done precious little character animation in the past so I could be missing something blindingly obvious. Any help much appreciated!

Edit: I'm using 11.6.3 so I presume that it's Genoma and not Genoma II I'm using.

ernpchan
11-25-2016, 03:54 AM
What you want to do is after you create the Genoma rig, save the scene file. Then start over with a clean Layout and then create your next Genoma character rig, then save that to its own scene file. Then with a clean Layout, use Load Items From Scene to bring in your rig scenes into your shot.

To save the deformed mesh, use Save Transformed. Make sure to save to a new lwo file.

adrian
11-25-2016, 06:26 AM
Brilliant, thank you!