PDA

View Full Version : Rotation around 0-axis error?

Alopex
11-24-2016, 08:47 AM
Hello!
Everything in modeler now rotates around 0-axis instead of where I have the marker. This also happens to most modify comants. I have tried to restart the program but same thing. Very irritating. Is this a bug or is it a setting that I have puched?

rustythe1
11-24-2016, 08:51 AM
at the bottom, AC mouse, AC pivot, AC origin, AC selection, it will pivot around which ever of these is highlighted, you probably have it on pivot

prometheus
11-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Hello!
Everything in modeler now rotates around 0-axis instead of where I have the marker. This also happens to most modify comants. I have tried to restart the program but same thing. Very irritating. Is this a bug or is it a setting that I have puched?

itīs probably explained by rustythe1
But..you would wanīt to set action center to mouse, so make sure AC-mouse is highlighted, and any segment will rotate based on where you click with the mouse, so to rotate a door with that ac mouse set, you would need to click exactly at the point where the door is suppose to roate from, if you click on the side, you will get a cartwheel rotation sort of.

AC-origin will rotate it also in a cart wheel style, If you happen to have any object not in zero origin..Based on the distance to the zero origin, but if you hit f2 to center, it will rotate at zero origin only.
AC-selection will rotate an object around itīs own selection if itīs not selected, since it treats any segment in polymode that isnīt selected..As selected, and the result would be the same as if you select the whole segment.

Ac-pivot rotates any segment where you have set itīs pivot, and usally when an object is created at zero origin, that would be the default rotation center, you can go to layers/pivot and change pivot point if needed.

Alopex
11-24-2016, 01:39 PM
Thank you! :D