PDA

View Full Version : UV texture - how to apply UV image to every single poligon in mesh?

Dillon
11-22-2016, 12:15 PM
Long story short, I'm trying to figure out if there's a quick or easy way to make each polygon in an object share the same UV map. I'm able to do it the hard way by creating an atlas UV map, and then resizing each polygon to sit over the image in the texture editor, but this process is imperfect, and a huge time sink.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Greenlaw
11-22-2016, 12:47 PM
Try the New Quad Polygon Map command. It can be found under Map>UV/Texture>More>Poly Map>. This will take individual quads in the object and map it over the entire UV space.

Note that it will ignore trigons, so you may want to turn any that exist into a quad.

Dillon
11-22-2016, 01:06 PM
LOVELY!!

Thank you. I would have never known this existed.

Thank you thank you!

Greenlaw
11-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Sure, I hope it does what you need.

One 'catch' I can think of is that not all the polygons may be wind up in the orientation you want. If that's the case, hopefully, it won't be a big deal to fix. I can't think of a good way off the top of my head right now but maybe another user can suggest something.

Danner
11-22-2016, 05:22 PM
If the orientation is wrong you can use the R key to rotate the UV in 90 intervals, if your action center is set to "selection" the UV will stay in place. If anything wonky happens, un-weld them first, weld back later if needed.

Greenlaw
11-22-2016, 05:33 PM
Awesome tip! Thanks Danner, that's good to know.