PDA

View Full Version : Who is your closest forum fellow Lightwaver?

prometheus
11-20-2016, 02:00 PM
Well...some may have family members or a close friend or actually working with a team in a studio, but that aside..
Who Is your closest fellow lightwave Forum member...active on the forum.

Im not quite sure for my part, I think MichaelT may be the closest next to me.

Michael

Danner
11-20-2016, 03:10 PM
Well I don't have any friends here =( but there are quite a few of them that I respect and even admire =)

tyrot
11-20-2016, 08:29 PM
there is an omnipotent friend ... for all of us ... lightwave ..

meshpig
11-21-2016, 12:22 AM
I think you're fooling yourself. All this happens in some obscure part of your ego rather than in real time and space :)

prometheus
11-21-2016, 10:04 AM
The criteria is as follows...
It doesn´t matter, friend or no friend, love or hate, possible marriage or no marriage, just find out the closest neighbour lightwave member, it has to be a member though, not your neighbourhood 4 year old kid who may or may not know more about lightwave than you, studio mingle is prohibited.

Michael

Snosrap
11-21-2016, 02:09 PM
For me it's THREEL. Mostly because he lives in the same town I live in and we bump into one another on occasion when I'm out and about. Good chap he is. There are several LW'ers at work but none of them belong to these forums or gives a rip as to what's going on with LW although they use it 8 plus hours a day. :)

erikals
11-21-2016, 02:24 PM
no idea, tends to be the ones i talk most to i guess... :)

hrgiger
11-21-2016, 03:53 PM
Ryan Roye lives about an hour north of me. Went up and had dinner with him this past year.

BigHache
11-21-2016, 08:29 PM
That I'm aware of, physically closest to me is William Vaughan. Great guy, got to meet him once.

I've personally met only one other waver on the forums, CaptainMarlowe. Also a great guy.

djwaterman
11-21-2016, 08:51 PM
Prometheus is unaware that I occupy the crawl space under his bed and come out at night to make use of the amenities, during the day I stay in my dark space using his broadband and accessing his computer to do my graphics. He's got this Christmas gig so I am going to have the place to myself for a month or two.

CaptainMarlowe
11-21-2016, 10:56 PM
That I'm aware of, physically closest to me is William Vaughan. Great guy, got to meet him once.

I've personally met only one other waver on the forums, CaptainMarlowe. Also a great guy.

Thanks ! Was a great day indeed. I'm now back in the East of France, but maybe I'll have the opportunity to get back to Orlando next year for IITSEC. I'll let you know if that happens.
As for me, being in France but near the German boundary, I guess there must be some German LW users nearby. Maybe also JBurford not too far. But we never met, just talked by PMs.

Meshbuilder
11-22-2016, 02:41 AM
Living in Gävle Sweden I would think the closes LightWave forum users would be one of those who lives in Stockholm.
Had some friends closer before but they don't use LW anymore or stopped working with 3D completely.

souzou
11-22-2016, 08:10 AM
I think Louis du Mont is my closest neighbour. Our studios are a 5min cycle away from each other. Need to meet up again soon!

prometheus
11-22-2016, 09:57 AM
Prometheus is unaware that I occupy the crawl space under his bed and come out at night to make use of the amenities, during the day I stay in my dark space using his broadband and accessing his computer to do my graphics. He's got this Christmas gig so I am going to have the place to myself for a month or two.

O so that was A rat I killed under the bed, darnit...FOI, I usually disconnect the computer internet wires while I am away from the computer, so that would be hard..unless you of course isn´t hiding under my bed or in my toilet, but I usually flush after as well :D
If you still are in Sweden, watch Out, I just called the immigration authorities and reported an Illegal alien.

Living in Gävle Sweden I would think the closes LightWave forum users would be one of those who lives in Stockholm.
Had some friends closer before but they don't use LW anymore or stopped working with 3D completely.

Pass the coffe please :)

Kryslin
11-22-2016, 10:56 AM
As I live almost in the middle of nowhere (85 miles to the nearest large cities - Des Moines, IA and Omaha, NE), the closest Lightwaver I can recall to me (on these forums) is in Madison, WI, USA.

Now, I've met a couple from farther away who don't frequent these forums (Orlando, FL, and I forget where the gent who stopped by my booth at a convention in 2010 was from), but not too many others.

Farhad_azer
11-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately i also have no fellow here but my hero is Greenlaw, i wish i will meet him one day and do joint work with him.

Videolink
11-22-2016, 04:07 PM
what ...no Canadians?
;(

NeonZ
11-22-2016, 11:48 PM
Probably someone in the Los Angeles LightWave Users Group in California, but I haven't attended one of those yet. Maybe next time! Then I'll get some names, find out if they post here, and then answer your question again. One can hope ;)