PDA

View Full Version : Monitoring NDI Sources?? Any suggestion?

John Freedom
11-17-2016, 07:26 PM
When using the NDI workflow I have frustrations with monitoring sources.
(we often pass 3 or 4 NDI signals between computers, CG, a TC460 and a TCMini)

In the past, I could send SDI signals to a router and display them on a variety of monitors in various configuration (such as BMD 9" side by side)
The input windows on the TC multi-monitor are bit small, especially when using a 24" display.

Perhaps, I could put a mess of computers around and use NDI Monitoring but that seems expensive and clunky?

It would be nice to be able to split 4 NDI signals and feed a single large display or perhaps spit NDI signals to feed a 9 or 10" display.

Any suggestions? What options does one have for monitoring?

zenvideo.co.uk
11-18-2016, 03:21 AM
Perhaps, I could put a mess of computers around and use NDI Monitoring but that seems expensive and clunky?
It would be nice to be able to split 4 NDI signals and feed a single large display or perhaps spit NDI signals to feed a 9 or 10" display.
What type of devices are you expecting to use? You could use a laptop with four instances of the NDI Monitor, arranged as a 2x2 multiview, and if the laptop can duplicate the screen display to an HDMI o/p then you can connect this to a larger display.

SBowie
11-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Just to mention an alternative that is often overlooked, the attached screengrab shows a typical display from the NDI Connect Webserver (included with Connect Pro).

John Freedom
11-18-2016, 12:13 PM
What type of devices are you expecting to use? You could use a laptop with four instances of the NDI Monitor, arranged as a 2x2 multiview, and if the laptop can duplicate the screen display to an HDMI o/p then you can connect this to a larger display.

I got this to work (on a mac) using multiple instances of NDI Monitor. Positioning the windows was not convenient and configuring the NDI source for each window is a touch slow.

The NDI Connect Webserver is very interesting. I use a TC Mini instead of the NDI Connect so this solution is more $$$ than I have now. Could be a nice stand alone product?

livepad
12-01-2017, 04:49 AM
I got this to work (on a mac) using multiple instances of NDI Monitor. Positioning the windows was not convenient and configuring the NDI source for each window is a touch slow.

The NDI Connect Webserver is very interesting. I use a TC Mini instead of the NDI Connect so this solution is more $$$ than I have now. Could be a nice stand alone product?

John

Sneak Preview:

You might be interested in Sienna's next NDI product release - probably next week.

NDI WebLink is a macOS app which serves a very simple need - acting as a central server bridging NDI sources into the HTML domain.

With NDI WebLink, you can open *any* web browser on *any* device and get a video-only stream of any selected NDI device on the network. Latency is almost zero and Frame rate depends on the web browser performance and network connection, but generally provides full frame rate. For maximum compatibility the default mode uses HTML techniques which exist on virtually every web browser ever made on any device, including Smart TVs. On more modern web browsers, an advanced mode allows for lower communications overhead and even smoother frame rate.

NDI WebLink will probably be in the Apple App Store next week, with a user-friendly price point.

PIZAZZ
12-01-2017, 09:45 AM
John

Sneak Preview:

You might be interested in Sienna's next NDI product release - probably next week.

NDI WebLink is a macOS app which serves a very simple need - acting as a central server bridging NDI sources into the HTML domain.

With NDI WebLink, you can open *any* web browser on *any* device and get a video-only stream of any selected NDI device on the network. Latency is almost zero and Frame rate depends on the web browser performance and network connection, but generally provides full frame rate. For maximum compatibility the default mode uses HTML techniques which exist on virtually every web browser ever made on any device, including Smart TVs. On more modern web browsers, an advanced mode allows for lower communications overhead and even smoother frame rate.

NDI WebLink will probably be in the Apple App Store next week, with a user-friendly price point.

That is just awesome stuff Mark! This is a much needed product for many workflows.

ORFAST
12-04-2017, 02:24 AM
When using the NDI workflow I have frustrations with monitoring sources.
(we often pass 3 or 4 NDI signals between computers, CG, a TC460 and a TCMini)

In the past, I could send SDI signals to a router and display them on a variety of monitors in various configuration (such as BMD 9" side by side)
The input windows on the TC multi-monitor are bit small, especially when using a 24" display.

Any suggestions? What options does one have for monitoring?

For Linux and Windows