PDA

View Full Version : ...anyone know about POZ extender????

Boo!
12-15-2003, 10:40 AM
...has/does anyone use POZ Extender?
i was wonderin where in blue blazes you place this thing so that it can work.
i saw it in a tutorial on makin a Nissan Z car in the tutorial section.
where there's a link to the guys site who created the plugin but states that you have to ask Newtek goes they own it now.

http://www.davidikeda.com/

thats the dude right there. at the bottom of the page you get to see a gif animation of how it works. saves a lot of time iot can work.

:confused:

cagey5
12-15-2003, 10:48 AM
His Power Tools collection has indeed been acquired for inclusion with Lightwave.

Poz Extender is however still available for download. Just click on the link at the left of the main page and click
'Download Poz extender' just above the gif.

Well worth having.

Oh yes. And you place it in the 'Model' Directory under plug-ins. You'll need to load it before you can use it though and I think it defaults to the 'additional' button under construction.

Boo!
12-15-2003, 11:36 AM
...thanks dude!
i think its workin but it does'nt seem as smooth as the gif animation on his website...hmmmm...i think its me but the quick modelin i've done looked good!

thanks again...
i think i'll search for his power tools collection!:D :D :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Beamtracer
12-15-2003, 11:59 AM
POZ extender is a great plug-in. You can get by with Lightwave's Extender tool, but you'll have to delete unwanted polygons afterwards. With POZ extender you don't have to.

Boo!
12-15-2003, 11:59 AM
...sorry Cagey5.
does your tab read Extender or POZ extender once the plugin is active?...:)

cagey5
12-15-2003, 01:48 PM
When it's first installed and found under the additional button it will be shown as pozExtender. The 'Extender' button will still be the Lightwave default.

What I do is assign it to a new button called Poz Extender so that it is more readily available and I don't have to keep trawling through the additional menu.

Boo!
12-15-2003, 04:38 PM
...once again i have to thank you greatly dude!
i've found the POZ extender and oh YES! is it helpin me!!!!:D

you guys in here are crazy helpfull, only been in here a couple of months and i'm skippin around Lightwave. THANKS!!!!!!!!

can i buy shares in this forum???????????:D :p :) :D :cool: :p :D