PDA

View Full Version : Timer on TC Interface

DStoneburner
11-17-2016, 02:04 PM
Running a TC 8000, 850 and three 460s. I really like the clock feature, but it would also be nice to have a timer when trying to time announcer breaks on a live broadcast. I know there are work arounds, but I wonder if a timer with a preset would be possible.

JPulera
11-17-2016, 02:43 PM
So what are you looking for, a 60-second countdown perhaps? I believe that could be accomplished with a Macro. For instance, make up some Title slates, like every 10 seconds, ":50", ":40", and so on, then maybe 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Load them all into a single Buffer (there are 9 preset slots per Buffer), then the Macro cycles through those Buffer titles. The Buffer could be displayed on the interface or MultiViewer.

Maybe I'll get bored and write this Macro, sounds like fun ;-)

EDIT: Just did it and it works, although it takes a fraction of a second for TriCaster to update the Buffer, so rather than 10000 milliseconds between each slate (10 seconds) I'm finding that something like 9900 is closer to realtime when watching my counter next to TriCaster Clock.

Of course, the 850 lacks macros. Maybe build a countdown in an NLE, then load that video clip into a DDR and that is your timer?

Thanks

Jeff

kanep
11-17-2016, 03:00 PM
If you are running Advanced Edition on any of those systems, I have a countdown timer web application called 'DataLink Timer' that can do this.

http://bit.ly/kanesworld

DStoneburner
11-19-2016, 01:32 PM
Thanks I'll look at both options and see what works best for my set-up