PDA

View Full Version : Hitfilm 2017

samurai_x
11-17-2016, 06:05 AM
My last software purchase for the year.
http://hitfilm.com/blog/hitfilm-pro-2017-is-here/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygGBojWvNFc&feature=youtu.be

Sorry LWG I got no more budget for lightwavenext this year. Though I'm not really expecting lightwavenext to be released within 6 months. :D

djwaterman
11-17-2016, 10:38 AM
I'd forgotten about HitFilm, it's come a long way.

Spinland
11-17-2016, 10:59 AM
I'm always and ever interested in learning about tools I don't yet use. Is there a quick and dirty laundry list of what HitFilm brings to the table compared to, say, Premier Pro 2017? I have to maintain compatibility with clients and ad hoc team members so I will never be able to shuck a CC subscription but if HitFilm brings new hotness to the table I'm interested in checking it out.

Ideas? Thanks!

Snosrap
11-17-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm always and ever interested in learning about tools I don't yet use. Is there a quick and dirty laundry list of what HitFilm brings to the table compared to, say, Premier Pro 2017? I have to maintain compatibility with clients and ad hoc team members so I will never be able to shuck a CC subscription but if HitFilm brings new hotness to the table I'm interested in checking it out.

Ideas? Thanks!

While HitFilm does have a simplistic NLE built in that is not it's strong suite. I still use Vegas for my NLE needs. HitFilm is more of an After Effects compositing tool but much easier to use in my opinion. I love HitFilm3 for it's ease of use and it's plethora of effects. I have After Effects as part as my Creative Cloud sub but in my attempts to use it it leaves me frustrated. HitFilm seems to do what I need with a super simple learning curve. Not sure if I'm going to upgrade though as $189 seems a bit much for the new stuff 2017 is bringing to the table.

samurai_x
11-18-2016, 02:00 AM
They added render que, audio tools, external monitor support, retina display support, 8k video. Its ok as an update.

Spinland
11-18-2016, 03:53 AM
Ah, cool, thanks for the insights. I'm extremely heavily invested in AE and Mocha Pro (and numerous other plugins) for the bulk of my VFX and post work (and most of my 2D animation stuff) so HF might not be able to add new capabilities to my toolbox. Still, I think I'll mosey over and check out their marketing copy and let them pitch to me. Never hurts. ;D

Thanks again!

Snosrap
11-18-2016, 06:45 AM
They added render que, audio tools, external monitor support, retina display support, 8k video. Its ok as an update.

That's kinda what I picked up on in the intro video. I don't need 8k or render que and have other audio tools along with color correction and grading. I guess they updated and include Mocha right in HitFilm itself if I understood that right. That would be useful - but still I don't think it's enough for me. :)

samurai_x
11-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Yeah its more for indie film that have no budget and something easy to use for editing and adding fx.
Tons of presets and layer system is easier to understand for some people.